• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temporary Crown Pain While Chewing

  • Thread starter Thread starter oneamy
  • Start date Start date
O

oneamy

Junior member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
1
I have a temporary crown upper left #14. When I chew on soft food it doesn't hurt. But when I chew on slightly harder food it hurts. I have been chewing on that side very slowly because I'm afraid that it will hurt when I chew. As soon as I stop chewing food that is a bit harder the pain seems to go away. Then sometimes its a little achey, but not too bad. After I sleep at night and I wake up in the morning and would never know I have a temp --- until I try to eat something. This temp crown has already come loose once and the dentist assistant glued it back in. I'm worried that there might be more of a problem. I have another temp crown on the lower right and it seems fine, no issues with that one.

I was wondering if my tooth will continue to hurt after a permanent crown is put in. I want to be able to eat crunchy foods again without having to worry it's going to hurt.

Thanks in advance for any input on my situation!
 
It sounds like the bite on the temp crown is high and needs to be adjusted. Give your dentist a call and explain your situation. Most likely they'll have you come in for a quick adjustment. The bite on the permanent crown will be different and checked before its cemented.
 
Hey
I don't think your temp crown is to high, there are other possible diagnoses. I would check it with your dentist.
Did this sensetivity start after the re-glewing by the assistant? If so, I am quite sure that it can be fixed by glewing it again :).
all the best
 
Back
Top