• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

terrified doesn't begin to describe how i feel right now.

S

scaredmummy

I took my 4 yr old to the dentist and she had perfect teeth! Yay! So i make an appt for my 17 yr old who hasnt been in a few yrs. She has her daddys ins and he has Medicaid. And i called them several times for a list of providers but qhen i called them they either odidnt take it or were out of business or would not call back. So i bite the bullet and am taking him knowing its all going to be out of pocket. Well i askes him to let me see his mouth and was horrified. He obviously has gum disease and a cavity forming on the top and Tartar build up on the bottom front and the bottom front is crooked. Im soooooo scared of what the dentist will say. Will he call cps?? I cant lose my kids their my life. I have cried everyday since i saw it. I have given him every mouthwash floss toothpaste sonic toothbrush that the stores carry. I feel like a piece of crap. What should i expect when i go?? Were in the USA. Thanks in advance. :cry:

I took my 4 yr old to the dentist and she had perfect teeth! Yay! So i make an appt for my 17 yr old who hasnt been in a few yrs. She has her daddys ins and he has Medicaid. And i called them several times for a list of providers but qhen i called them they either odidnt take it or were out of business or would not call back. So i bite the bullet and am taking him knowing its all going to be out of pocket. Well i askes him to let me see his mouth and was horrified. He obviously has gum disease and a cavity forming on the top and Tartar build up on the bottom front and the bottom front is crooked. Im soooooo scared of what the dentist will say. Will he call cps?? I cant lose my kids their my life. I have cried everyday since i saw it. I have given him every mouthwash floss toothpaste sonic toothbrush that the stores carry. I feel like a piece of crap. What should i expect when i go?? Were in the USA. Thanks in advance. :cry:

No, CPS will not be called. Everything you are describing is fixable. Tartar buildup along the bottom front teeth is very common, and at his age it will most likely be a regular cleaning. Cavities are fixable with fillings. Crooked teeth can be straightened with orthodontics. You've done the right thing by making him an appointment.

Back