• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified of losing my tooth/teeth.....please help me....please!!

R

Reallyscared84

I have recently had in total 4 root canal treatments. 3 lower bottom (2 were molars) and an upper molar re root treated.
I have been in so much pain for many weeks and no let up. Ive had ample amount of dental injections (all on the one side), 8 antibiotics and been in constant pain.

My latest worry is this and I would really appreciate as much honesty as possible please as im so scared.

One of the bottom molars which has no nerve in it now has a chip out of this side of it. Its not overally deep but deep enough.
Can a tooth with no nerve and chipped like mine go bad then rot and then need extracted? Am I at risk of this happening me?????

I'm not a dentist, but here's what I know. Teeth with root canals can decay (I've had it happen). Decay doesn't generally happen quickly and sometime chips are small enough that they don't cause problems. The only way to really know, unfortunately, is to have your dentist look at it.

My tooth is just throbbing. I thought once the nerve was removed that the tooth would no longer hurt. In fact, it hurts more than ever now.
Its like someone is sticking a hot pin inside my tooth but with a constant throb.
The tooth was done by an endodontist, so I thought it would have been done correctly.

Could my tooth be cracked or maybe a nerve/muscle within my jaw be causing this do you think?

My tooth is just throbbing. I thought once the nerve was removed that the tooth would no longer hurt. In fact, it hurts more than ever now.
Its like someone is sticking a hot pin inside my tooth but with a constant throb.
The tooth was done by an endodontist, so I thought it would have been done correctly.

Could my tooth be cracked or maybe a nerve/muscle within my jaw be causing this do you think?

It's not just the nerve inside the tooth, there are a lot of nerves around the roots and they have to heal up also. If you have fillings, it could be that they sit a bit high. You might also need a crown now, to protect the structure of your tooth. Please go back to the endodontist and have him take a look at the situation. I'm sure the tooth will be fine, but you need to have it checked out, and protected with a crown or filling.

Back