R
ReallyScared
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2008
- Messages
- 139
Well, as some of you know, I have come to the end of the first part of my dental journey. I couldn't have done it without everyone on here 
I had my final extractions and immediate dentures last Tuesday, and as I sit here now, with my beautiful gleaming teeth, it's hard to believe that just a few months ago I was making my first post, a crying, shaking, nervous wreck of a woman who burst into tears at just the thought of emailing a dentist! And while I am still a long way from cured of my phobia, in hindsight I can see the positive steps I have made and the very long way I have come. So, I'm at the end of the beginning... my next step will start in about 9 months or so, when I go back to get my perms made and fitted.
To all of you out there, who are like I was such a short time ago, take heart from this. I never dreamed I would be posting in this section, but I am. The people on here are truly wonderful, make use of your "dental family" because they will give you the strength you need to make it through to the other side![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
Thanks to everyone here, I'm now on the other side... you are all wonderful people!!

I had my final extractions and immediate dentures last Tuesday, and as I sit here now, with my beautiful gleaming teeth, it's hard to believe that just a few months ago I was making my first post, a crying, shaking, nervous wreck of a woman who burst into tears at just the thought of emailing a dentist! And while I am still a long way from cured of my phobia, in hindsight I can see the positive steps I have made and the very long way I have come. So, I'm at the end of the beginning... my next step will start in about 9 months or so, when I go back to get my perms made and fitted.
To all of you out there, who are like I was such a short time ago, take heart from this. I never dreamed I would be posting in this section, but I am. The people on here are truly wonderful, make use of your "dental family" because they will give you the strength you need to make it through to the other side
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
Thanks to everyone here, I'm now on the other side... you are all wonderful people!!
