• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tomorrow is my first appointment in years!

Vvd

Thinking of you and hope all goes well!

A good hygienist will take a lot of care to do the very best for you.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on

Im just get out, good and bads news. My hygienist just have the time to work on my left upper side cause the time. she didnt want to rush especially cause I have a lot a lott to clean under my gums, the good thing I didnt feel anything!!! She is awesome and the anesthesia, I close my eyes during the cleaning and for the anesthesia cause I didnt watch any instruments, or the injections. Bad: the next appoitment available is JUNE 19 It would be 2 hrs cause she gonna do both of my inferior quadrant and these are my worst. I need to schedule my extractions for the next week. Again I run and didnt do more question, I guess I feel more relaxed just going step by step. ?

This is a good and brave first step and I"m really glad she didn't rush it! Thats such a great sign! A little positive momentum at a time is a great way to go!!! I have felt you can earn trust really well doing in little pieces closer together, just my experience.. but they you don't forget each other and and kind of build on that last piece . Good for you!! happy to hear all this!:perfect::thumbsup!::star:

They just call me to ask me if I want the spot from Someone that cancel his appointment. I said yes ? so now I have for this Friday my appointment ?? this is my mostttt scary moment, a lot emotion happy, anxious, scare, excited.. but I think is better sooner than wait for long time to the next one.

Please keep us updated- I will be thinking of you tomorrow during your deep cleaning! You are so brave to go to the dentist despite your fears. We are all here for the same reason and can understand how scary it is. We are all cheering for you!! Your English is very good- I am always envious of people who can speak and write 2 languages!

Oh look at you, demonstrating such courage.

You took the earlier appointment? Goodness, you have come a long way.

Soon dental anxiety is going to be afraid of you!

Here we go!!! Driving to my dr office. Today is the day.. hoping everything goes well, but my stomach feel like if Im in a roller coaster.

Thinking of you!! :grouphug:

Hi, Im done with my third appoitment. Well this time was a little different I got more nervous at the beggining, but I tryed to keep calmed thinking what I would do with a healthy smile ( This condition have been stoping me to do things that I always dreamed) so I was thinking in the possibilities that I could make it one day ? My higyenist was nice telling me To take deep breaths and count, eventually I felt more relaxed. I was more sensible on my molars than the front teeths ( which I was so scare of them to fell off) ? and alot presion on my molars a lottt and painful in at some point she has to inject more anesthesia to my lef side. Im not sure how deep she went on my front ones cause that area was so numb that I couldnt tell when she was cleaning these one. Now the anesthesia beging to go away so yes! definitely I will be more sore than my upper cleaning. Next appoitment is on May 30 for 2 extractions.

Back