• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction for braces | any help and response is appreciated

S

sarah94

Junior member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
3
Hi guys on the fourth i had two of my upper premolar tooth extracted on both sides and on the 6th of January two days after I had two bottom ones removed.. now i'm worried about getting dry socket. how many days after the extraction am I considered safe from getting one? :confused::confused: the extraction side has a little whitish color but no pain at all, maybe a little that lasts for a second but not too often. i'm taking pain relievers and anti biotics just to be on the safe side. would appreciate any help and response I can get. ( Sorry if I have spelling mistakes since English is not my first language )
 
I'm not a dentist... But this is what I've learned from this site.

Dry socket, if it happens, almost always happens within the first 72 hours. My understanding is that dry socket is so painful that you wouldn't have any doubts you had it. The white stuff is normal after an extraction.
 
I'm not a dentist... But this is what I've learned from this site.

Dry socket, if it happens, almost always happens within the first 72 hours. My understanding is that dry socket is so painful that you wouldn't have any doubts you had it. The white stuff is normal after an extraction.

Thank you!! It's only been two days.. waiting for that 72 hours mark! :cry:​
 
does anyone know when the extraction site will completely close up? Not eating very well since i'm afraid food will get stuck, heard it's very painful
 
Back
Top