• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth Extraction Monday and I'm really scared! Need support.

Does anyone know how long after an extraction its okay to have a dental cleaning?
:rolleyes:

About two weeks, it depends on the wound - it should be more or less closed.

MagnetoWasRight how is your healing coming along? my site still changes from alot of colors of red and is starting to fill in but still looks scary. LOL each day it looks a lil different so i assume that is normal!

MagnetoWasRight how is your healing coming along? my site still changes from alot of colors of red and is starting to fill in but still looks scary. LOL each day it looks a lil different so i assume that is normal!
I didn't get a notification for this thread for some reason, so I'm glad I checked back!

Mine's still changing colors too! It's filling in now and I'm excited for it to not look so scary once it's fully healed. I'm pretty sure it's too healed up to get dry socket, so I've been less afraid to eat things now! I was really afraid to eat food when I first got it removed, so I ate a really liquid diet, but now that it's healed enough for me to calm down, I've been trying to resume a normal diet.

I hope yours keeps healing well!

Back