• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth feels sharp after filling

S

Sandy103

Hi, I went and had some teeth filled on Thursday and it's now Tuesday morning. One of the teeth (top molar) feels sharp when I rub my tongue along them and the gum above it hurts when I brush them. Other than that it's not necessarily painful but more annoying. I don't recall my tooth being this sharp after the appointment but my jaw was quite sore for a few days after so I avoided touching it. My dentist said to return if anything feels unusual but I'm anxious and not sure if this counts as unusual or something I just need to get used to. Should I go back and get it checked? The sharpness is annoying

Yes, go back to your dentist. They can easily smooth out the sharp area very easily.

Yes, go back to your dentist. They can easily smooth out the sharp area very easily.
Will they need to numb the area? I'm terrified of needles ?

Thank you for your reply but I'm a little lost. Do you mean, no I shouldn't worry about getting it checked or no he won't need to numb it to fix it?

No he won't need to numb it to fix it. And no, you shouldn't worry about getting it fixed either, it's a simple 30s job normally.

Back