• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth getting pulled!

H

hoofbeat

Junior member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
1
Okay, so I'm a high schooler and I'm getting my first tooth pulled. It is number 15 (The tooth on the upper jaw right in front of where my wisdom teeth will grow)

Anyway, I'm extremely nervous about this. Novacaine doesn't always numb me, even after multiple shots. I can use an anesthetic, but many people in my family have had bad reactions to stuff like that, and I'm not sure if I will either. Do you think it will hurt for me? Or do they have a stronger numbing solution that will actually make me numb?
 
They should not do anything if you are not completely numb. If they start and you feel something you have every right to tell them to stop. If that dentist can't get you numb, you can find someone who will. You should not have to feel anything!
 
Back
Top