• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth loose(potential baby tooth maybe?)

Q

qwerty1234

Havent been to the dentist for a few years but I have a canine tooth which is chipped pretty far down, but the tooth has a strangely smooth texture so it could be a baby tooth? But recently its become very loose and have booked an appointment but just wondering the chances of a adult tooth growing in now (im 20), or could a very chipped adult canine actually fall out my mouth say the nerve got too damaged? It feels like a dull feeling in it sometimes

Thanks

It is extremely unlikely that a new adult tooth would grow in in that location. The more likely reason for the loose tooth would be either infection or significant decay on the tooth.

I meant that the tooth maybe a baby tooth as it has a offwhite colour (different to rest and other canine) and is really smooth on texture.