G
Gfan
Member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2017
- Messages
- 27
I've written a couple times in this forum so I will spare everyone the whole story. To those who don't know I am a 37 year old woman with HORRIBLE teeth. As much as I always say I will make an appt I just keep putting it off for one reason or another. Right now my reasoning is that I honestly just can't afford it. I'm at the point where I really do want to get in to be seen, but with Christmas right around the corner and three kids to support I just can't do it. I have insurance but it doesn't cover much. I feel like I am trapped in this dark hole with no way out. I live paycheck to paycheck as it is.
Today I felt a new personal low. I work in a hospital with dementia specific patients. Most of the time they don't even know their own name let alone much else. Well today one of the pts who doesn't make sense most of the time clear as day looked at me and said "you are such a pretty girl. Too bad for your teeth." Of course this was said in front of my coworkers. I'm sure they notice the issues in my mouth, but they are too nice to say anything so I live in the denial that they don't notice. I was mortified. I wanted to run out of there crying and never leave my house again.
I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. I'm sad all the time and feel nothing but Shame and embarrassment. I don't know what to do anymore. The happy person I once was is gone. I honestly hate myself for letting my teeth go like I have. I guess my only reason for this post is to vent because I talk to nobody about these issues. I feel so alone. Nobody around me could begin to understand what is constantly running through my mind. Thanks to this forum I've realized I definitely am not alone. Thanks all for sharing your stories.
Today I felt a new personal low. I work in a hospital with dementia specific patients. Most of the time they don't even know their own name let alone much else. Well today one of the pts who doesn't make sense most of the time clear as day looked at me and said "you are such a pretty girl. Too bad for your teeth." Of course this was said in front of my coworkers. I'm sure they notice the issues in my mouth, but they are too nice to say anything so I live in the denial that they don't notice. I was mortified. I wanted to run out of there crying and never leave my house again.
I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. I'm sad all the time and feel nothing but Shame and embarrassment. I don't know what to do anymore. The happy person I once was is gone. I honestly hate myself for letting my teeth go like I have. I guess my only reason for this post is to vent because I talk to nobody about these issues. I feel so alone. Nobody around me could begin to understand what is constantly running through my mind. Thanks to this forum I've realized I definitely am not alone. Thanks all for sharing your stories.
I'm always here if you need to talk!