• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Upper partial denture question or experience

G

Goldsy2

Hello, This is my first post and I'm hoping I posted in the right spot...
I had to have 3 teeth extracted 12, 13 & 14 plus I have another tooth missing on the other side.
My question is about partial dentures, which are the best to get? I don't want a flipper, from what ive read that seems to just be temporary. The metal one bothers me because of the metal clasp showing, I've read horror stories on the valpast.
I would love to get advise or others views on what has worked for them or is the best option and why.
I'm also going to need a bottom partial but want to see how the top works out first.

Thank you for reading this

Goldsy,

When I first got my bottom, I got a valplast.. it was horrible. it was tight and bulky and gaggy , I couldn't do it.. then I did the one with metal clasp, it is ALOT less gaggy and bulky, actually for me it was a lot more aestetically nice to look at.. This is just my experience. but year.. didn't like Valplast at ALL...

Goldsy,

When I first got my bottom, I got a valplast.. it was horrible. it was tight and bulky and gaggy , I couldn't do it.. then I did the one with metal clasp, it is ALOT less gaggy and bulky, actually for me it was a lot more aestetically nice to look at.. This is just my experience. but year.. didn't like Valplast at ALL...

That's what I've been hearing, thanks for responding.

Did you new partial have the metal on the inside too? This is all new to me and I'm scared I'm not gonna like anything

I took a pic to show how my metal is. Kinda weird thought but. Here goes

Attachments

• 1502130940685120906368.jpg
    1502130940685120906368.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 47
Even though the metal is close to the front,, it isn't THAT noticeable.. and its just much less gaggy than that Valplast.!! there is metal under those front teeth you can't see it at all its in the back of course..

I don't know how to see the attachment lol.
I'm new to the forum sorry

I figured it out, had to go to full site, not the mobile one lol. I like the look of yours doesn't look too bulky at all. Thank you so much for sharing with me.

I figured it out, had to go to full site, not the mobile one lol. I like the look of yours doesn't look too bulky at all. Thank you so much for sharing with me.

Its the best of both worlds.. between the options.. I just personally couldn't stand the valplast.. the back three teeth gum area is a little bulky for my liking but.. its better than valplast :). I really hope you get a good fit and something you are happy with and works for you!!

Thank you, I'm hoping I do too, I'm really struggling with this and Google has not been my best friend lol

HOpefully you have a great dentist like I did and would redo if you don't like it :)..

He is super nice...this is my second dentist,
The first one I waited 3 weeks for my appointment, took a day off work because they were squeezing me in...i had a double crown fall off which I already knew the teeth had to be extracted (long story) and the tooth in front of the crown had broke....which he knew. At my appointment all they wanted to do was clean and xray my teeth, which the tech did. I objected but
they said this should be done first and then dentist would be in. He came in didn't even look in my mouth, told me 3 teeth had to be surgically removed and if I didn't think I could do it he would refer me to oral surgeon and that I had 2 other cavities. Referred me to surgeon who wasn't on my insurance and made me appointment. I kept saying why would I want someone that isn't covered. Told me to call insurance that they would just pay less???
I went home 2 days later the tooth that had the big cavity under a filling started hurting, I had been stewing over the 1st one not even looking in my mouth so started looking for a new dentist, read reviews, got recommendations and went to the new dentist. He is wonderful got me in within a few hours to look at the tooth that was hurting, said it was almost into the pulp and should have been done pronto, wasn't worth saving. Said he could pop all 4 out and they did not need surgically removed. I was comfortable with his confidence so I agreed. Last Wed was my appointment, my appointment was at 4, I was home at 445. He popped them right out like he said. Get my stitches out this Thursday, said it would be 3 weeks healing, we would fill the small cavity and take impressions for my partial.
Sorry so long, but I feel I've found a dentist I love and that's saying a lot for me, I've dreaded dentists for years.

Thank God.. sounds like a good one..! I"m the same.. I just had to find a new one myself a little over a month ago. he seems good. i like him ,, but I hope he doesn't change on me like the last one.. I really felt an immediate peace with him, had easygoing caring nature.. next week will be the first time he does any serious work though.. he did put a crown back in for me.. which I was thankful... he could have lied and tried to tell me I need something more expensive so I appreciated the honestly... Glad you found someone good.. the first guy,, sounds awful!! yeah I would swith too , I would run out...

Please let me know how things go and how you like it.. i'm real active on here :p.

Thank you and I'll keep you posted...good luck to you as well :)

Back