• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Use of Listerine?

  • Thread starter Thread starter akdb8r
  • Start date Start date
A

akdb8r

Junior member
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
1
After getting a root planing at my last dental appointment, the hygeinist gave me a syringe and recommended that I fill it half with Listerine and half with water, then apply it directly to my gumline.

I've been doing this daily, but I was wondering: should I also rinse out my mouth with Listerine? Or would that be redundant with what I'm already doing?
 
Seems bizarre advice in general actually, since the only thing in Listerine that really does anything useful is the high percentage of alcohol in it, why dilute it 50%?
How long are you supposed to keep doing this for?
 
Back
Top