C
cober6711
Member
- Joined
- Feb 8, 2010
- Messages
- 30
Use of Plain Mepivicaine or Prilocaine for lower non-impacted wisdom tooth extraction
Hello,
I want to know if using plain Mepivicaine or Prilocaine will provide sufficient numbing power to complete a lower (fully erupted) wisdom tooth extraction, assuming someone is also having nitrous oxide.
I've had plenty of fillings done with these and have had no issues, even on top teeth.
I would prefer not to use something with epinephrine for various reasons.
I was watching a video by Dr. Jerry Gordon where he was completing a very similar case using (what appeared to be) a block on the lower jaw using Lidocaine and then he injected around the tooth with Articaine.
Say I was to ask for Mepivicaine to be used for the block (which is what my dentist usually uses on my lower jaw) and once the block takes effect to inject either Prilocaine or more Mepivicaine around the tooth...would that work well enough?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Hello,
I want to know if using plain Mepivicaine or Prilocaine will provide sufficient numbing power to complete a lower (fully erupted) wisdom tooth extraction, assuming someone is also having nitrous oxide.
I've had plenty of fillings done with these and have had no issues, even on top teeth.
I would prefer not to use something with epinephrine for various reasons.
I was watching a video by Dr. Jerry Gordon where he was completing a very similar case using (what appeared to be) a block on the lower jaw using Lidocaine and then he injected around the tooth with Articaine.
Say I was to ask for Mepivicaine to be used for the block (which is what my dentist usually uses on my lower jaw) and once the block takes effect to inject either Prilocaine or more Mepivicaine around the tooth...would that work well enough?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Sorry but it was a good article. I read a lot but only remember what I need to know.