• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very mild pain in molar when eating some foods

R

rosielx

I have a molar with a large composite filling in it. The tooth was first filled 15 years ago but has had multiple composites since then because they fall out.

In the past week I've had a really mild pain when eating things like special k cereal. Doesn't hurt when I push it with a finger. Pain is so mild i keep chewing on that side to see if it's real.

I visit dentist every 6 months and cleaned by hygienist six month. I also use inter dental brushes and its sore on that gum but doesn't bleed.

Had xrays recently of both sides to check filings and because of a wizzy extraction on other side of mouth. I think there was a small gap under filling on xray.

I'm a very nervous patient and am working through the things I need doing one at a time. Private dentist so costs add up but they are great with nervous patients.

Have I damaged the tooth somehow?

Hard to say without seeing you. It could be that there's a bit of recession going on, giving some sensitivity, it could be that the tooth has shifted in its socket a bit and the bite is now traumatic. It happens, nothing sinister about it. Could be loads of other things, which is why it's hard to be sure.

Thank you. I always feel guilty about bothering my dentist because I have bad anxiety in the chair.

I'd much rather a nervous patient came in early so that we can spot something before it became a massive problem.
Trouble is, many of them don't until they absolutely have to come in and then it's a big job which makes them more nervous in future and so on...

I'd much rather a nervous patient came in early so that we can spot something before it became a massive problem.
Trouble is, many of them don't until they absolutely have to come in and then it's a big job which makes them more nervous in future and so on...

Huge words, @Gordon. Saving the link to this thread, it can be quoted a lot here :)

I agree with @Enarete in a huge way! This is said awesomely @Gordon . Thank you

Back