• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wearing partial after extraction question

S

scared2bthere

I have a question. I'm 5 days post extraction. This is another tooth, one that actually was my last remaining molar on the top right and the partial did hook to this tooth. Well I was told to go ahead and wear the partial as is till the site is healed more so it could be fitted again to remove the clasp and add a tooth. I try it in and the right side where the extraction was feels too sore. I had some problems before with the partial digging in a bit behind the now removed tooth it used to hook to. I'm worried now that the tooth is gone and there is a hole it may dig into the gum. :sick: I'm not sure if I should chance it or if it might harm the site. It was tooth 4 that was removed. The site looks decent but the gums look a bit swollen still between the site and my canine tooth.

I don't want to go forever looking like this, unable to have front teeth. :shame: Since the Dental work I've had to go more time without teeth than I have been able to wear this.

I don't know if I should just wait or keep trying. The top right side does still have some episodes of random pain even though the teeth are removed.

If it's uncomfortable to wear, you can limit your use of it until you can get in to have it repaired. Hopefully once that's done it should be fitting better.

Back