• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Well...I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marty
  • Start date Start date
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

It seems there are a few of us having appointments on Saturday morning. I'm going to try and keep everyone in mind when I'm 'in the chair', and despite the time difference, I like to think we can create a network of good feelings between us.

The support I have had from people on here will be carrying me through tomorrow, I hope it will do the same for you.

Feel the love :grouphug:

DZ
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

That's the beauty of a global site. With all of us on different time zones, even if we mean to be thinking of people at a certain time, and get it wrong because we on a different time, we know there will be someone somewhere with the same time. Which just proves the Internet really is 24/7.
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

My thoughts and prayers will be there with y'all. I still haven't mustered the courage to make the appointment, so I am beyond proud of those with more courage than I. Good Luck and God Bless.
Marty
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Hey Marty, you've got exactly the same amount of courage in you, since you already *did* make an appointment 8-) (it was just bad luck that it fell through). And if you did it once, you can do it again :grouphug:
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

This site really is a blessing. So much positive energy and support. I hope to return the favor as time goes by. I will think of you Darkzoo while I too am in the chair. :)
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Just wanted you guys to know that I am aware that is Saturday and that your appointments are today. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping y'all do fine. 8-)
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Believe it or not I thought about yall alot Saturday when I was helping to lead a church youth group through a cave in Tennessee when some of the little kids ( around 12 years old) got scared at this 15 foot ledge that was 2 feet wide that bordered an under-ground river.

Hope everything went well for all of yall.

-mikey
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Church youth group?

Here I was picturing you as a young wild rocker dude. See how someone's avatar can affect someone's perception of someone? :rofl:

Seriously, it was sweet of you to remember us Sat morning Dental Phobes. Thank you! :D
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Well to describe me 100% I do a little rock climbing, (caving, I do this alot) skateboard alot and play electric guitar. I enjoy all types of rock music from death metal to rock n' roll. hmmm..... I probably left out some things but they arent coming to mind atm.
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Sound like a normal, healthy teenager to me, but perhaps with slightly more common sense than some. That's a compliment to you Mikey.
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder
Thanks for the compliment.:cheers:

I do believe this thread has broken a record for length in the support section..I'll go check real quick and confirm that.

wait...Its in 14th place but the threads with more are really old.
 
Last edited:
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Just an update. Still haven't made an appt. This has got to the toughest New Year I have faced in a long time. Hubby brought a cold home and now we are both sick. Between, tooth, stomach flu and cold, I am beyond worn out. Would write more...but at this point sitting up has become an effort.[smiley=drunk.gif]
 
Re: terrified of dentists and have panic disorder

You poor thing, when things go bad they sometimes just seem to to snowball! We had the same thing in our house in Nov.; Bad colds followed by my husband's hip surgery and my Dad who lives with us took a serious turn for the worse.
I had the same feelings as you do now. Somehow you just have to go day by day, it worked for me.
Hope things get better for you soon.
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

))))))positive rock vibes)()()((())) I do hope you get better soon so you can get the appointment out of the way.:cheers:

I recently downloaded a new addition to my tool bar which I have over 600 smilies at my disposal.:devilish:
 
Last edited:
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

You poor thing - I hope both yourself and your hubby will recover soon [smiley=hugging.gif]!
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Well at least I am sitting upright again....and eating a little more. The cold really wore me down. Our doc said it is a real bad virus in our area and that it is hitting a lot of people hard. Additionally, I probably got hit harder because I had just had that round with the abdominal bug. Antibiotics don't help...just the drink fluids, rest...etc. Of course you really don't have any other choice but to rest because your energy is non-existent. We have to see him again on Tuesday. The continued illness has taken a toll on my panic as well. Panic disorder is always worse when your defenses are down. So for now I am managing the tooth pain with advil and vanilla....and the two are working purdy well. Still have the paperwork for the dentist on the counter and hubby says he will drop it off...as soon as he feels better. I think I will try to make the first appt. a sort of meet and greet. I won't to be able to go in and see the office and sit down with the doctor before I committ to treatment. Right now I am just sooooooooooooo tired, the tooth has lost its priority. But as Scarlett said...."Tomorrow is another day." :(
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Good to read your update and to see you're on the mend - from the cold at any rate. Now you can concentrate on getting that paperwork in and making that first, as you aptly call it ' a meet and greet' appt.:grouphug:
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Hope you got caught up with your sleep:D, lets hope this dentist is a keeper[smiley=cheers.gif]
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

Marty,

I actually had a stress free dental appt. I took 10 mg valium the night before and another 10 mg one hour before my appt. Then I was given the nitrous oxide. I was actually laughing and joking with the periodontist. I came home and slept the rest of the day. It worked great for me and I also have panic disorder. Just something to think about.
 
Re: terrifed of dentists and have panic disorder

I start joking with the dentist when I have laughing gas also....probably hints the name;D
 
Back
Top