• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Well my nightmare is still ongoing so here I am again

Well done that is brilliant news - took a lot to do that, you took control of it.

Onwards and upwards - I really enjoy that relief tiredness!

Hey, you did it, well done! :jump:And that tooth is finally gone forever.

Take good care of yourself the next couple of days and rest up if you can, this stuff can hit hard when it's over x

Thank you :)
I have barely any swelling at all today. He did a really good job. I also have barely any pain. I actually have less pain right now than I had before he took those teeth out.
I am a little sad that I had to lose the teeth but I do feel better with them gone. I am awfully hungry today but scared to eat yet. I did have a milk shake and some broth yesterday.

To anyone who may see this and is scared of extractions it honestly is a very easy appointment even though it may be terrifying to think about at the time. There was no pain involved.

I'm so glad you were able to get what you needed at the appointment! I'm also glad that the healing seems to be going well so far. If you have a high speed blender (or even a decent regular one), there are so many varieties of shakes you can make. My personal favorite is chocolate soy milk, (frozen) banana, and peanut butter. YUM! I suspect you'll be feeling good enough for 'real' food very quickly - especially since it sounds like the extractions were quick and didn't involve a lot of trauma to the gums. I hope you're able to stay at home today and rest for the long weekend.

I'm so glad you were able to get what you needed at the appointment! I'm also glad that the healing seems to be going well so far. If you have a high speed blender (or even a decent regular one), there are so many varieties of shakes you can make. My personal favorite is chocolate soy milk, (frozen) banana, and peanut butter. YUM! I suspect you'll be feeling good enough for 'real' food very quickly - especially since it sounds like the extractions were quick and didn't involve a lot of trauma to the gums. I hope you're able to stay at home today and rest for the long weekend.

Would you believe I don't even own a blender? I have just never been a blendy kind of person lol.
My husband bought me some yogurt, and some ensure shakes which are icky and some slim fast high protein shakes which are even ickier But bless his heart for trying to be helpful lol.
I made myself a milk shake by hand with just a fork. I used skim milk and frozen vanilla yogurt. It wasn't bad but I wish I could have used a straw. I also miss my ecig. But don't want dry socket. I have a nicotine patch on.
I do hope I can eat some kind of real food soon. molars leave such giant holes.
Don't worry about me resting, I am not even getting dressed today. I have been lazing around in my nightgown watching I Love Lucy :)
I hope you have a great weekend!

Just popping in to say here I am on day 2 with no swelling at all. not a bit. Taking my antibiotics but didn't even need advil for pain today.
Still awfully hungry but managing a little better. I had some cream of wheat with apple sauce in it.
I have spoken online to a couple of ladies a little older than me who have had partial dentures for years and they say it is really not all that bad. That helped me to feel a little better. I do hate the thought of being without molars for months, especially through the holiday season. Eating is such a big part of holidays :( But I would rather be missing teeth than have teeth that hurt.
In a couple on months I am going to see a dentist that the oral surgeon recommended to me. It will just be for an exam. Hopefully at that time he can tell me when we can start my denture adventure.