• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What is this bump ?😰

  • Thread starter Thread starter doraaaa
  • Start date Start date
D

doraaaa

Junior member
Joined
Dec 9, 2025
Messages
2
Location
Slovakia
I noticed this bump on the inside of my upper gum, right below my upper front tooth, yesterday, but it was smaller then.I’m 20 years old (I don’t smoke, but I do use snus and have been using it for about 3–4 years). About four months ago I lost a tooth, and since then one of my wisdom teeth has come in, and another one is now starting to erupt (both in my upper jaw). I previously had braces, but my teeth have shifted back quite a bit and I have deep bite. Ever since I lost my tooth, I’ve been having panic attacks quite often. I’ve been dealing with dental problems for years, and I’ve had very bad experiences with dentists.
If anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it 🙏🏾 It might sound stupid, but I’m kinda scared to go to the dentist.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8781.jpeg
    IMG_8781.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3
It looks like a small area of hypertrophy, could be from trauma from the overbite, the gum thickens up a bit in response to the trauma. It's harmless.
 
Back
Top