• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth replace second molar.

L

LoveMeSomeDentist

Hello, Im new here and I have bad teeth. Im currently 16 years old. I need a root canal on my second molar. My wisdom tooth is currently partially erupted, but it is getting bigger. I dont think there will be enough room for the full tooth. My question is could I get my second molar removed, istead of my wisdom tooth, and then shift my wisdom tooth with braces into the place were the second molar previously was.

I know there are probably so many factors, I will speak to a proffesional about it, but before I do I just want to know if it is even POSSIBLE. Last time I saw my xray the wisdom tooth was coming out quite well beneath the gumline, not bent.

Thank you very much.

Hi :welcome:, we had a similar questions recently, you can read the answers here:

Basically, it really depends on the position of these teeth in your mouth and only a dentist who has actually seen you and your x-rays would be able to give an informed opinion :).

Thank you very much for your reply letsconnect. My personaly opinion in life is to keep it as natural as possible. Both of my back teeth upper teeth are decayed pretty bad. Im going to speak to a dentist about this.

Sorry about posting here again, you mentioned how it is time sensetive, my dentist has gone on holiday. Me and my dentist have a good relationship so I'm better of discussing with her specifically. How time sensetive is this? As I said my wisdom tooth is erupting could a month make or break this?

I know I sound super anxious but my sister has had dental horror aswell, so much so that she is left with just one molar on two corners of her mouth. This is also not due to decay.

I know I sound so paranoid, but Im just like this all the time. I know it can be done, I want to avoid root canal at all costs. I've read about it's advantages and no matter how hard dentists try I'm for the most part against it unless there is absoulutley no alternative. I'm also not a fan of dental implants.

Thank you verry much for your time, I dont like taking up peoples time :), so I am very grateful.

A month won't make any difference. At 16 you're way too young for implants anyway btw :)

Back