• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth extraction today with wand and happy air

T

thorpey

Hi,
i could not believe how easy it was and was seriously dreading it. Had the happy air to begin with which relaxed me and then dentist applied the wand and honestly did not feel a thing. Waited about ten minutes to numb up.
The dental nurse then stood behind me to support my head. The dentist then moved the tooth which seemed to last for about 20 seconds. I could not believe how straight forward it was.
if anybody's worried about having there's removed please don't.
My recommendation would be to find a dentist that uses the wand and happy air.....

Hi,
i could not believe how easy it was and was seriously dreading it. Had the happy air to begin with which relaxed me and then dentist applied the wand and honestly did not feel a thing. Waited about ten minutes to numb up.
The dental nurse then stood behind me to support my head. The dentist then moved the tooth which seemed to last for about 20 seconds. I could not believe how straight forward it was.
if anybody's worried about having there's removed please don't.
My recommendation would be to find a dentist that uses the wand and happy air.....

Hello,
was it a lower wisdom tooth? I’m scared of being numb so I am wondering if your lips and chin were numb?

Was your tooth impacted? Where did you have it done that used the wand? I've been trying to find somewhere that uses the wand for wisdom teeth.

Hi there, it's unlikely that the original poster will see your post because they don't have email notifications enabled and were last online 4 years ago.

In the UK, you can contact the UK distributor for the Wand by phone on 0800 294 4700 or by email at [email protected] to find out who in your area uses it. In the US, maybe do a google search for oral surgeon + your town + Wand? Unfortunately, the search function for patients on Milestone Scientific's website (the manufacturer of the Wand) doesn't appear to exist any longer ?

Back