• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth impacted and pushing on molar

P

Perez818

Hello, me again!
So my bottom wisdom teeth are impacted.
My left wisdom tooth is trying to come out. Gum is slightly raised(been like that for months) and looks like gum is pushing back slightly.
no pain. Dentist informed me she would have to remove the tooth (whenever Ineeded it because it isn’t causing discomfort) and since it’s pressed against molar she needs to remove part of the bone on that molar and replace it.
she said it’s fairly easy and can be done in office. With regular numbing.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
And not had issues?
im scared that I’m being lied tooo and that healing process would take forever.
(low vitamin d)

I’m dealing with this right now. My lower jaw aches and I have stuffy ears. That depends. Is the tooth impacted below the tissue. Is it just one tooth you are removing and how old are you? Depending on your answers to those I would consider a surgeon

Tbh I’m not sure if it’s under the tissue
She just took a look at X-rays and was like this will be easy. I can do this in the office.
Im 26!
I’ll be going back soon.
She was very persistent. And pushy.

I hope everything goes well xo

I hope everything goes well xo
Thank you I’m so scared to go back.
terrified. I have anxiety thinking about even calling.
What about for you, are you getting yours out?

I’m 37 and keep getting told I need them out but petrified. I also suffer from panic disorder and OCD so this kinda stuff really sends me into a tailspin. I just sat in the dental chair for the first time 10 years

I’m 37 and keep getting told I need them out but petrified. I also suffer from panic disorder and OCD so this kinda stuff really sends me into a tailspin. I just sat in the dental chair for the first time 10 years
That’s me. When I was 4yo I busted my lip open. Passed out from blood loss and woke up wrapped in a burrito with people in my face. Ever since I get terrified of being in a chair! And having people close to my face. Bjt kudos to you! That’s awesome for even getting there and being seen!
You said your wisdom teeth give you jaw aches? Anything else?

Thank you. That sounds utterly traumatizing. No wonder you are terrified. It’s crazy how trauma can really change a person. Let me know how it’s goes. Well I had a root canal on a lower left tooth. The injection killed oh boy. Af the healing, my back gum started to ache and jaw. Now it’s super stiff and hurts.

Just checking up on you. How did things go?

I have not gone in yet. Unfortunately.
I’m having bad back of the head aches! And I’m wondering if it’s from one of my impacted teeth.
I just got blood work done making sure my vitamin d levels are okay.

and with you? How are you feeling?

Just checking up on you. How did things go?
I have not gone in yet. Unfortunately.
I’m having bad back of the head aches! And I’m wondering if it’s from one of my impacted teeth.
I just got blood work done making sure my vitamin d levels are okay.

and with you? How are you feeling

Hmmm those headaches could be tension too if you are stressed. I’m managing. I’ve just finished crowning my root canal. My back gums still hurt but. I thing popping out yet. My dentist is watching and hasn’t said much yet other then to gargle with salt water. Been doing that for over a week and no change.

Hmmm those headaches could be tension too if you are stressed. I’m managing. I’ve just finished crowning my root canal. My back gums still hurt but. I thing popping out yet. My dentist is watching and hasn’t said much yet other then to gargle with salt water. Been doing that for over a week and no change.
I have been so stressed lately! My mom has covid so that added to the headaches!

how was the root canal? Is it painful?
that’s what I’m doing with mine. I’m watching them. They are still under the gums.

Hi OP, so sorry about your mom, I hope she feels better soon!

My bottom two are also impacted under the gums (horizontally, lol, and pushing against the molars in front) and I'm 27. My dentist offered to take out just the top ones (which came in normally) in her office but I decided to go to an oral surgeon instead and get all four at once. Surgery's scheduled for next week. My vitamin D's also on the low side (between 25-30) but this is super common and people get their wisdom teeth out all the time, so I wouldn't worry!

If your dentist is confident in their ability that it'd be an easy procedure then that's likely to be the case. If it's just one tooth then it's likely to be quite quick. It also couldn't hurt to get a second opinion from an oral surgeon if that'd help give you peace of mind.

Hi OP, so sorry about your mom, I hope she feels better soon!

My bottom two are also impacted under the gums (horizontally, lol, and pushing against the molars in front) and I'm 27. My dentist offered to take out just the top ones (which came in normally) in her office but I decided to go to an oral surgeon instead and get all four at once. Surgery's scheduled for next week. My vitamin D's also on the low side (between 25-30) but this is super common and people get their wisdom teeth out all the time, so I wouldn't worry!

If your dentist is confident in their ability that it'd be an easy procedure then that's likely to be the case. If it's just one tooth then it's likely to be quite quick. It also couldn't hurt to get a second opinion from an oral surgeon if that'd help give you peace of mind.
Thank you! I hope so tooo!
she’s in the hospital. But I’m hopeful!

okay so mine are the exact same way!
top two are out bottom two are impacted but not tooo bad. Just one pushing on molar one not so much.
I have actually heard slot of people say the same about vitamin d levels being low and still being okay! I just got mine checked and they are slightly elevated! 34 which is okay!
Please if you can, can you update me? After you get yours out?
I would love to hear your experience

I have been so stressed lately! My mom has covid so that added to the headaches!

how was the root canal? Is it painful?
that’s what I’m doing with mine. I’m watching them. They are still under the gums.

Oh man. I really hope she recovers quick and her symptoms are not too bad :( . The root canal itself isnt painful no. They freeze you up really well. I’ve done alot of dental work these last few weeks. My jaw is hurting so badly. As for theunerupted wisdoms, they ache :(

Oh man. I really hope she recovers quick and her symptoms are not too bad :( . The root canal itself isnt painful no. They freeze you up really well. I’ve done alot of dental work these last few weeks. My jaw is hurting so badly. As for theunerupted wisdoms, they ache :(
Unfortunately she isn’t doing too good.
I had a awful headache yesterday that radiated My jaw! And neck.

that was me a year ago. I had a deep cleaning that abs to be done in two sessions and then I had a crownput in.
dental work is expensive.
I oayed $900 for my crown. And it’s chipped! I’m so angry about it.
ugh wisdom teeth suck!

Thank you! I hope so tooo!
she’s in the hospital. But I’m hopeful!

okay so mine are the exact same way!
top two are out bottom two are impacted but not tooo bad. Just one pushing on molar one not so much.
I have actually heard slot of people say the same about vitamin d levels being low and still being okay! I just got mine checked and they are slightly elevated! 34 which is okay!
Please if you can, can you update me? After you get yours out?
I would love to hear your experience

Lol it makes me very envious of people with simpler extractions!

And yes, of course! I'll report back after the surgery & let you know how it goes. It's this Friday. o_O

Unfortunately she isn’t doing too good.
I had a awful headache yesterday that radiated My jaw! And neck.

that was me a year ago. I had a deep cleaning that abs to be done in two sessions and then I had a crownput in.
dental work is expensive.
I oayed $900 for my crown. And it’s chipped! I’m so angry about it.
ugh wisdom teeth suck!

Same here. It’s awful. Praying for your mum xx

Hi OP, I'm sorry for the delay (my surgery had been pushed back a couple days) -- here's my experience!!

Long story short...everything went perfectly fine. I truly think you'll have a similar experience. :)

P.S. I hope your mom's doing better; keeping her in my thoughts.

Back