• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth removed, what's going on in my mouth? Can someone help me out.

S

Saar

Hello everyone!
After years being scared about it finally did get my first wisdom tooth (upper right) removed on 25 may. Everything went well, the removal day was good too. My cheek was a bit swollen at the second day and I had a weird taste in my mouth. The 3. day wasn't nice, my cheek was more swollen with a bruise. When I reach my tongue to the place it has a 'jelly' soursweet taste and it's disgusting stinky. What is this? Do I have to chew on a gauze so it can absorb the 'stuff'? How can I get rid of the smelly breath? Today, 4.day, I'm feeling better,
I didn't experience unbearable pain whitin these 4 days and do not use paracetamol anymore. It's only sensitive sometimes and still can't open my mouth normally but I was shocked by the color I saw. The white looking place was grey/black. I rinsed my mouth with water and salt. I don't know if that was the cause but I did get a hanging blackish string which I pulled. The place is white looking again but still have a little grey/dark place (maybe a leftover from the string?) and the smell and jelly stuff is still going on, it's so disgusting. Also have a lump between my cheek and tooth.
I eat soft things only when I feel the need because I don't know what's going on there. What should I do? Does anyone have the same or any advice. I hope someone can brighten my head a bit. Thank you in advance for reading this.

Update: the leftover thingy what looks like greyish blackish brownish fell by itself, I took it out my mouth, it's the most disgusting thing I've ever smelled. Is this a bloodclot?

Last edited:
Re: Wisdom tooth removed, what's going on in my mouth? Can someone help me out.

Hi Saar,

sorry you didn't get any replies till now. Sadly the only advice I could give you is to see a dentist to get it checked. They are used to people coming back after extractions and having questions and you will get clarity.

How are you doing now? Did it get better? Or did you even see a dentist by now?

All the best wishes

Re: Wisdom tooth removed, what's going on in my mouth? Can someone help me out.

Hello Enarete,
Thank you so much for you kind message!
I did not go to my oral surgeon yet. I still haven't pain fortunately it's only kind of a irritating sensitive feeling sometimes. Although the smell is still dancing around my teeth and on my tongue, it's decreasing. So are the jelly stuff and my swollen cheek. This was my first removal and I'm still a bit panicky by every little thing but it seems like it's gonna be good pretty soon. Otherwise I will call the surgeon next week. Thanks a lot again!

Kind regards?

Back