• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried about when and I need them out

• Thread starter Thephilsblogbar
  • Start date
T

Thephilsblogbar

I keep telling my dentist I am getting twinges now and again in my mouth in the wisdom tooth area, she says I have 27 teeth and one tooth with erupted, out of the 27 teeth I dont know how many are wisdom teeth (I could not carry 32) I also now and again have a few sharp edges of my teeth smooth down

I know I should not be panicing as I not been told I dont need them out yet I am in my 30s (non of my previous dentists have suggested I should have them removed) I am not Googling what will happen because that will scare me more.

I am scared if I need them out I will have them removed in hospital (I dont want to be put to sleep at all) I remember when I was eight when I had a few teeth removed not due to decay, but due to other crowding and to ensure my adult teeth can through in the right place, I was put to sleep. and I felt awful when I woke up, like I was drunk.

I hate my teeth, and will fear if I have them removed, it may damage the teeth next to them and will need these teeth fixed or replace by implants/dentures. causing more embarrassment.

Last edited:
I am at the dentist next week so I am going to asked her about my wisdom teeth, I dont like dental treatment, I am very scared she will tell me off (even though i been going for years) and see her every 3 months, it just these twinges. I cannot see what I am always doing, my Dad keep says I should be able to feel.

I dont want to lose any of my teeth, I lost one when I was 21.

Back