• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

11 Extractions and I had never had any dental work done, but now its all down hill!

serendipityx4

serendipityx4

11 Extractions and I had never had any dental work done, but now its all down hill!

Yesterday was my surgery and I had initially went in for 10 extractions and they did a total of 11. As a few of you know I had never been to the dentist in my life until last month. The surgery was supposed to have already been done but they needed to get final medical clearance for it to begin. I have melanoma and Parkinson's so I needed to stop taking my meds for those conditions in order to have this procedure done. I was sedated and the last thing I remember was giving them my debit card to pay for this procedure and my partial that will done and then taking the meds. The next thing I recall was them removing my headphones and helping me to my husbands truck with his help. It took about 4 hours but I only recall the first few minutes of everything. I must say that I have a good team who is working on me. The doctor called in some pain meds but I don't like taking those sort of things so I have stuck to Iburprofren and that seems to be helping me. I go in next Thursday at 10 am for a check up and then I will start my procedure for impressions for the partial. Right now I only have 1 front tooth on the top visibile to others. I won't be going anywhere until my partial comes in! I have all the teeth on the bottom except for 2 at the very very back on the right hand side. On the top I have the one front tooth and then I have a total of 9 on the top in all. I can't wait for the partial to be done and was wondering if anyone knew a turnaround time on that once you go in for your impressions. Im hoping this journey won't be to to long but if it is then it is one worth waiting on if I can smile without covering my mouth! Thank you all in advance for any suggestions etc.

Partial

After having 11 extractions done on Thursday I am to go back in on this coming Thursday for a follow up. Will they do my impressions for my partial that day and if so, how long does it take for a partial to come in? I am very self concious as one of my front top teeth has been pulled and now I don't want to go anywhere that someone might see me. I am very scared about how long this process will take to get my partial in. Any suggestions on turn around time?

Last edited:
Re: 11 Extractions and I had never had any dental work done, but now its all down hill!

Hi serendipity, turnaround time might depend on how long it takes the dental lab to make them so you'd be best to ask your dentist, anything else would just be guesswork :)!! I hope you'll be able to get them very quickly :clover:

Re: 11 Extractions and I had never had any dental work done, but now its all down hill!

I spoke with my dentist office a few moments ago and found out that it will be 3-5 weeks before they do the impressions because they want to be sure Ive healed well and wants to get me the best possible fit. I know that I have to have patience but I wasn't prepared for such a long wait but I guess I have no choice because I don't want to go to another dentist who doesn't know what is going on. I still have to have 4 fillings done and a deep tissue cleaning of my gums and teeth. So I will wait and know that the overall greatness will be in the end result and my dr wants to make sure I have a nice healthy smile that I will be happy with. I just hate that its going to take so long and not have but five teeth on top and one in the front so it's a little embarrassing.

Back