U
User42
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 18, 2011
- Messages
- 3
I just got back from my yearly checkup and the dentist told me that one of my molars (where I've previously had a root canal treatment and fillings) needs more fillings and they can't get to it because the last tooth is grown in at the wrong angle and pushing up against it, also making it impossible for me to brush or floss that part where they contact, so they've said I have to book an appointment to get that tooth extracted so they can get in about to fill the adjacent one.
I asked about the procedure, they said they might have to cut the gum to get at it, and they'd book me in with the head of the practice who's most experienced with this. They said if I didn't get the one tooth taken out, it's very likely I'd need both out at some point.
I haven't had any extractions as an adult yet. When I was a child I had at least 3 and I was crying and sick afterwards and bleeding for hours and now thinking about it I'm having panic attacks, and a lot of difficulty getting to sleep at night. I haven't booked the appointment yet.
I asked about the procedure, they said they might have to cut the gum to get at it, and they'd book me in with the head of the practice who's most experienced with this. They said if I didn't get the one tooth taken out, it's very likely I'd need both out at some point.
I haven't had any extractions as an adult yet. When I was a child I had at least 3 and I was crying and sick afterwards and bleeding for hours and now thinking about it I'm having panic attacks, and a lot of difficulty getting to sleep at night. I haven't booked the appointment yet.