• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gap between the 1st and 2nd molar after wisdom tooth extraction done recently

E

emilykoh

Gap between the 1st and 2nd molar after wisdom tooth extraction done recently

Hi,

I had my upper left wisdom tooth extracted due to a decay for years and I am frightened to have it extracted.

Thanks God that I had a good and caring dentist whom i have observed for sometime after working there for the past 2 months. He is really a good dentist who ease my fear during the extraction. The wisdom tooth was taken out although it was quite a big one with also part of the bone was extracted out. It was done under normal extraction.

Everything was ok. But now i have a bit of problem is between my 1st and 2nd molar, there is a gap which is about at least 1mm and food trapped it very easily. I flossed daily before bed time.

My right upper wisdom tooth was extracted a few years ago.

I know it has been overcrowded before the extraction but now the gap is wide. Can i do braces to close the 2 gaps between the 2 molars?

I need some advice.

Thanks & Regards
Emily (Singapore)

Re: Gap between the 1st and 2nd molar after wisdom tooth extraction done recently

It's really hard to say what's going on without seeing you, it's very unusual for a gap to open up after a tooth behind the affected area has been extracted, for some strange reason, teeth tend to drift forwards rather than backwards...
Could you ask your friendly dentist to take a look for you?

Re: Gap between the 1st and 2nd molar after wisdom tooth extraction done recently

I am having the exact same problem. What did you do Emily?

My gap has become so wide, I can't chew with my right side. It takes longer to eat and I have to keep flossing after every meal. Eating anything fibrous hurts.

Back