• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2 positive experiences for me!!

C

chrissieb

Just came back from the dentist. Had another extraction. I was very nervous beforehand, as i was a couple of weeks ago. felt like crying when i first got in the chair. Again my dentist was very reassuring. Explained the procedure to me well. I'm sure dentists tend to give you a worst case scenario of the treatment. Mine told me the tooth may break whilst extracting it. It didnt. However, it did have a cyst attached to it because i asked to see it Yuk!!
The shots did not hurt at all. Dont feel as numb as before either. The worst part was waiting for nearly half hour after the shots had been given. They were very busy today. I'm so happy that i didnt cancel my appointment,i so wanted to this morning. Just three more fillings and a clean to go. Appointment in two weeks. A few weeks ago, i felt as if i would never get to where i am now. half way through my treatment. Its so exciting to know i can eat without having to overdose on painkillers a little while later or continually have to be on antibiotics. This board has helped me enourmously and I'm grateful for the support from others.:yay:

That's awesome, ChrissieB. :) May your dental triumphs continue.

Mona

Last edited:
Well done Chrissieb on getting through your extraction, hope your next visit for your fillings go as well. When I need a filling I always take a cd walkman / mp3 player with me with a relaxation cd I find this drowns out the noise and helps me relax.

thanks for your replies. The numbness wore off after a couple of hours and the after pain is a bit worse than last time. But then, I did have some infection going on there. Went to work a couple hours after the extraction and felt quite groggy so have just taken some painkillers.