• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

20 days after extracting lower right impacted wisdom tooth

H

hana_24

since 20 days ago i've had my wisdom tooth extracted with local
anesthesia dr said it was a very bad wisdom tooth and it was lingual and it made it hard to be extracted ,my​
Cheek got swelling after op and dr said i had an abscess and it's normal i took antibiotics and it getting lower by time
now after 20 days my gum still little swelling and i still have pain on it , he said it's like a bloody pool and he gives me another kind antibiotic called unasyn and he said if it not disappear after antibiotic he'll gonna open it and make it clear

i wanna ask is what happening is normal or i got infection from dr clinic or what im very worried
thnx for help

im really in need of help is that normal or I've to change my dentist

Hana... it may be that you just need a little time for the antibiotic to work. However, having said that, it couldn't hurt to get a second opinion if you are concerned. Be sure and tell them everything and what meds you have been taking. Hope it gets well soon.

tabatha7..............thnx 4 ur concern
gonna waiting until finishing antibiotic, the main problem that
im suffer from needle phobia and that made me abort this op about 4 years until i found dental clinic using STA that reduce pain of shot
im worry about reopening gum it makes me very nervus , also i doubt all doctors and afraid about their faults

and it's20 days after op i think it's long time to still have gum abscess

I understand your fears and concerns. I hope you can get a 2nd opinion from someone else maybe to put your mind at ease. I hope one of the dentist here can give you some advice.

Back