• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2nd appointment in 30 years today,anxiety starts again

The relief really is brilliant. Just keep going and fixate on the moment it’s all done and you’re out the door!

Great to hear that everything went well - well done and congrats ? ?

Great to hear that everything went well - well done and congrats ? ?
Thanks letsconnect much appreciated...another thing done of the list , slowly getting the jobs done ? and dealing with the he anxiety of it all ..tho the injections into the roof of the mouth iam not liking lol but it's only a few seconds ???

Well another trip to the dentist tomorrow afternoon ? anxiety starts again ..... Think it's to get another front tooth taken out ... hopefully in and out ...love that feeling of leaving the place lol ...and hate the feeling going in ... Tbh hate these injections into the top of the mouth ..I know it's just a second or 2 but ? hate them .... hopefully everything is done quick and easy and no pain like the last time

Best of luck for your appointment tomorrow Jay ?, could you let your dentist know how much you’re dreading the top injections? Sometimes it’s as easy as leaving the numbing gel on for longer and really slowing down while numbing you up. Keeping my fingers crossed ?!!

Best of luck for your appointment tomorrow Jay ?, could you let your dentist know how much you’re dreading the top injections? Sometimes it’s as easy as leaving the numbing gel on for longer and really slowing down while numbing you up. Keeping my fingers crossed ?!!
Tbh I don't think I even get numbing gel on ?... But hopefully fingers crossed it's not to bad ?

No harm in asking about it ?

Good luck Jay! :clover:

How did it go, Jay?

How did it go, Jay?
Good cats ? 2 fillings done today ?.. the injection was abit deeper this time but wasn't to bad & never felt anything during the fillings ..another bit ticked off ... Back nxt Monday tho for another 2 .... Then start on my top front teeth next which need crowns & bridges so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly .. thanks for asking

Good job jay!!! Every visit gets you closer to being finished all the work! I go back in a few weeks for more fillings. Can’t wait for it all to be over! We will celebrate with our fixed teeth then :)

Good job jay!!! Every visit gets you closer to being finished all the work! I go back in a few weeks for more fillings. Can’t wait for it all to be over! We will celebrate with our fixed teeth then :)
Thanks Lrobyn..that's what I think about the last visit ..can't wait for it to be over ..good luck to ..??

Well about to go for my next appointment ????...couple of fillings at the front bottom to be done today ..... The anxiety madness ... Hopefully quick and easy and home

hey Jay, im brand new here but im in a similar boat. Im 30 and have avoided the dentist for years and now im facing the music of having to go back after a rear tooth cracked in half. Anyway, your thread has provided me some peace of mind. thanks for that :)

Good luck with your appointment today!

Hope it all went well Jay

hey Jay, im brand new here but im in a similar boat. Im 30 and have avoided the dentist for years and now im facing the music of having to go back after a rear tooth cracked in half. Anyway, your thread has provided me some peace of mind. thanks for that :)

Good luck with your appointment today!
If I can do it after 30 years anyone can Geo trust me...the state my teeth where in .I put it off for so long went through unimaginable pain tbh don't know how I even done it, the anxiety is still bad but once iam in there I actually settle down it's just the thinking of it .... Glad it has helped

Hope it all went well Jay
It Did cats thanks ??
2 fillings done in bottom front....back nxt Tuesday again to remove a top front one...& Plan my crowns and bridges for front top row

Back