• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A warm welcome to Lincoln Hirst - our latest dentist!

Welcome, Dr. Hirst.

A hygenist on board would be a great thing. I am not a fan of cleanings at all, especially with my TMJ. Next week, for the first time ever, I'm going to see if either numbing gel or a tiny dose of novacaine will help make routine cleaning easier on me yes but mainly on my jaw joints. That said, while I have actually been a patient of my hygenist a lot longer, years, than my wonderful dentist, I'd rather see him any day than her.

Last edited:
Hi.
I have some great news!
I have spoken to Katrina, the hygienist/therapist who works with us at the Berkeley Clinic.
She has said that she'd be more than happy to drop in on the forum from time to time and answer some of the dental and specifically any of the hygiene related questions.
Katrina is great with patients, and is actually studying for a diploma in hypnosis right now.
She should be signing up to the forum soon- so do give her the usual warm welcome!!!
Best wishes
Dr Mike

That's great Dr. Mike please thank her for us.

Welcome, Dr. Hirst.

A hygenist on board would be a great thing. I am not a fan of cleanings at all, especially with my TMJ. Next week, for the first time ever, I'm going to see if either numbing gel or a tiny dose of novacaine will help make routine cleaning easier on me yes but mainly on my jaw joints. That said, while I have actually been a patient of my hygenist a lot longer, years, than my wonderful dentist, I'd rather see him any day than her.

I couldn't agree more about rather seeing the dentist, while I'm able to see my dentist now, I am no where near being able to get in the hygenist chair. The last time I did was only to check pocket depth but it was shortly after a gingivectomy/plasty and she was brutal on my still tender gums. The thought of probing and scraping :scared:.

Not sure having one on the baord will make me feel better or give me more to dread.

Back