T
traumaanxiety
Junior member
- Joined
- Nov 28, 2025
- Messages
- 17
- Location
- Uk
Hi all, I had quite a bad abcess 5 years ago in my front tooth. I had antibiotics and it settled. Since then, I've been terrified to go and get it sorted. I plucked up the courage in 2023 but the dentist decided to sort smaller problems first (fillings etc) before sorting the major infection i had. So, I went a few times for treatment then on the last time, my face was still numb after 24 hrs. It terrified me. It set me back 1000 steps and I haven't been back since. So, the chonic infection is still there. I have a bump on the front of my gum that now and again "leaks" and I now have a soft lump/swelling on the roof of my mouth. Stupidly I've googled and googled and read horror stories about people being left with holes in their skulls and people being at risk of dying when the teeth are removed because the infection is so bad.. Now i feel stuck. Trapped. I know this needs sorting but I just cannot pluck up the courage to go.
Am I going to be left with a gaping hole on the roof of my mouth where the pocket of infection is sitting? Am I going to die? Has anybody dealt with anything like this before?
Sorry for rambling im genuinely petrified and not sure how I can deal with this
Am I going to be left with a gaping hole on the roof of my mouth where the pocket of infection is sitting? Am I going to die? Has anybody dealt with anything like this before?
Sorry for rambling im genuinely petrified and not sure how I can deal with this