V
VeryScaredGirl
Junior member
- Joined
- Mar 13, 2023
- Messages
- 7
- Location
- Somerset
Hey!
Does this look like an abscess or an ulcer? (Tooth above has been like that for 10+ years and I’m awaiting a date for it to be removed via GA).
The tooth itself isn’t painful at all? The gum mostly feels uncomfortable because of the inflammation rather than painful.
For context this seemed to occur at the exact same time as I reduced my steroid dose from 20mg to 15mg - which resulted in a potential Chrohns flare up. Inflammation in gums and cheeks after about 10 hours and then this lesion two days later. So I want to see if it’s an ulcer which is likely an oral manifestation of that which will self-settle or if it’s an abscess which needs treatment.

Does this look like an abscess or an ulcer? (Tooth above has been like that for 10+ years and I’m awaiting a date for it to be removed via GA).
The tooth itself isn’t painful at all? The gum mostly feels uncomfortable because of the inflammation rather than painful.
For context this seemed to occur at the exact same time as I reduced my steroid dose from 20mg to 15mg - which resulted in a potential Chrohns flare up. Inflammation in gums and cheeks after about 10 hours and then this lesion two days later. So I want to see if it’s an ulcer which is likely an oral manifestation of that which will self-settle or if it’s an abscess which needs treatment.
