• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Acidic Erosion Damage Evaluation. (Plus Potential Cavity Concern.)

Eroded Victim

Eroded Victim

Hi.

I haven't seen the dentist in over 5 years if not longer and this is the end result.

Acidic damage almost everywhere in my mouth with a lot of my surface area enamel worn down. Both top and bottom rows of teeth.

Only one with a potential cavity due to a suspicious hole.

I just wanted to know if I am in great danger.

Please some answers would be very helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_233833.jpg
    IMG_20210704_233833.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20210704_234025.jpg
    IMG_20210704_234025.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 29
Danger of what specifically?

Eventually yes, if nobody does anything about it. One would hope that your dentist will be taking some action to prevent further tooth loss?

Eventually yes, if nobody does anything about it. One would hope that your dentist will be taking some action to prevent further tooth loss?

So far what's been done is very shallow composite resin dental bonding.

You can still see the Dentin on the upper row but bottom is almost completely back to normal.

She's assured me the one's she's worked on are no longer dentally exposed by the literature even if you can still see it.

I just wanted to know how urgent my situation is from these photos as I'm poor.

Example of X-Rays of my general situation. Dr claims it's not as bad as it looks but in my opinion completely or mostly eroded away surface bite enamel with live exposed Dentin sounds serious.

Attachments

• X108581_4.JPG
    X108581_4.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 8
Has the acid erosion been addressed? If not then it's not going to be stable for long.

Has the acid erosion been addressed? If not then it's not going to be stable for long.

It has.

Energy Drinks and Sports drinks without rinsing with water or Alkaline water was the cause. I have eliminated them from my diet and now keep my mouth actively alkaline instead of acidic.

Great. In that case conservatively managing things the way your dentist is doing seems the best approach.

Can I bo nosy and ask how many you were drinking, for how long? I'm just surprised that occurs from drinking that stuff.. I guess you hear it but rarely see the effects.

How do you keep your mouth alkaline?

Back