• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Advice for getting dentures?

S

SmokedNeptune

I'm currently going through the process to remove my teeth and I had my first surgery (removing 5 teeth at a time) a few days ago. I'm just looking for some advice on how to heal better and reduce stress. I had a lot of pain with the first one because my jaw dislocated and I felt a lot of the pain with it despite the sedation. Also I'm wondering if anyone out there is a young denture wearer and how that is. I'm 17 so I'm obviously fairly young for a denture wearer. I'm just kinda looking for all around advice. I don't know anyone who has had any similar experiences so all information is appreciated.

Hi I would like to welcome you to the forum.

I am hoping that some other people nearer your age come along and give you some advice that have experience of the procedure you are having.

I wish you all the best for your future treatment and I hope it isn't as traumatic as the last appointment you had.

Good luck

I got my dentures at 25, though I needed them a couple of years before. What would you like to know specifically?

Also do talk to the dentist or surgeon about your jaw and see if there's any way they can put less stress on it.

Back