• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

afraid of mandible block

D

Dansdoll511

How different is it from numbing up top for an extraction. My tongue still went numb up top during the extraction. Tongue numbness us what I am afraid of. Does the tongue numbness have an difference in intensity??

How different is it from numbing up top for an extraction. My tongue still went numb up top during the extraction. Tongue numbness us what I am afraid of. Does the tongue numbness have an difference in intensity??

Tongu numbness means you probably wont feel a thing during anything. I love that. When half my tounge is not numb, then I know I am not ready to go, and need more

Tongue numbness is temporary and harmless, no need to be afraid of it.

I was also afraid of mandible block but this past Tuesday I had one for a wisdom tooth extraction (lower right), and my jaw, chin and half my tongue was numb but not the upper on that side or the other side at all.

It wore off in approximately four hours.

Wishing you all the best. It really is not as bad as we dental phobics imagine it is.

Alice

Back