• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Afraid of Peridontal disease gum surgery

  • Thread starter Thread starter marip
  • Start date Start date
M

marip

Junior member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
5
I have periodontal disease and was told I need to have gum surgery, but I'm afraid to have this done. Anyone here had this surgery and how was it? Painful during and after surgery? Did it stop the periodontal disease in the areas gum surgery was done?
 
I was just told I need this done too. Ugh .. It's so $$! Can I follow this post... ??
 
I'm not too sure if I even want it done. I don't know too much about this gum surgery. I have a couple of areas my periodontal dentist wants to do. He wants to do bone replacement and osseous surgery done. If it wasn't for my insurance and I recently had received an inheritance I wouldn't have the money for the surgery. Now I have to decide if I want it done. Is your dentist recommending the same bone replacement and osseous surgery?
 
Yes, same exact surgeries. I still haven't had it done ugh trying to figure out how to pay for it all.. I've been told it works,by people who have had it done and if I done get it done I will start losing my teeth.. i just want to cry..
 
If there is anyone in this group who did have osseous surgery and bone grafts, please share your experience & results. I am supposed to have all 4 quadrants done and am rather nervous about the whole procedure, recovery, complications and results. I finally found a Periodontist with whom I'm comfortable and has a very good reputation; however, I would like to hear more from those who have been through this surgery. Due to numerous circumstances, LANAP is not an option for me. Thank you for any input you may provide!
 
I had to have a bone graft before my implant. I don't know if it's the same thing though as what would be done for general bone loss that doesn't involve an implant or done specifically for an implant.
 
Back
Top