• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Another appointment today. (Crossing my fingers for no root canal!)

E

Eshy

I've got another appointment for today! I'm posting this 'cause I'm only a teeny tiny bit nervous right now... But I know I will get worse through out the day and my heart will be racing in the lobby. I've been having a lot of pain in some molars and I am hoping it is nothing more than a bad filling that needs to be redone. No, really. I'm hoping so much because I've maxed out our insurance and if I happen to need a root canal, my mother said I would have to see another dentist who does it for cheaper... Yikes! I hope everything goes well... Ugh... Already feeling nauseated at the thoughts.

Do you think if I did need a root canal, it could be possible to work out a payment plan kind of thing? My mom makes it sound like he is going to demand all the money upfront.

Heh, I am a little more scared now... :(

How bad are root canals? anyone have an experience to share?

9 hours and 40 minutes to go. Eeps.

Do you think if I did need a root canal, it could be possible to work out a payment plan kind of thing? My mom makes it sound like he is going to demand all the money upfront.

Hey

Of course you can talk with your dentist about the payment.
I imagine there are some tdentists who ask the hall money upfront but they probebely very very few.
A dentist might ask for the money upfront if there is a reason to suspect problems with the payments, but if there is no reason for problems, there should not be any problems.

Goodluck today.
Keep us updated on how it went :)

Edit: yay, I got ahold of her and we are on our way.

Oh no! I got a text message from the office reminding me of my appointment and it turns out they moved my appointment up 10 minutes. I'm currently without a car and my mother is coming to pick me up but she thinks my appointment is at 4:10 instead of 4:00. Sorry it seems like not a big deal but I am afraid of being late and then them not letting me in or getting in but having them rush whatever they do. D:

We will see if I miss, which I hope not cause my teeth hurt!

Last edited:
I think you will have been by now. But I hope it went well. Root canal is not bad and nothing to be worried about.

Waiting to hear how you went on when you feel up to it.

Semi-success!

Sort of. Neither me or my dentist can localize the pain I'm having it turns out. He readjusted my bite again and told me to give it two weeks. They looked at my X-rays and found also that my wisdom tooth is coming in. The hygienist is convinced its my wisdom tooth and my dentist said I will need that extracted sometime. For now I just have to give it 2 weeks because they scheduled my next appointment for then. They're planning for me to have my wisdom tooth extracted in March-ish. But ugh yeah... She also said that I may have a cracked tooth. O: they don't really know yet.

Overall I'm kind of irritated that I have to just deal with my pain for the next 2 weeks or so but I guess it's also kind of bittersweet to know that the other cause might be my wisdom tooth cause the last thing I want is pain with an unknown reason! Anyway, he took his time on me and it was alright... And he shipped me home with some toothpaste for sensitive teeth.

Hmm...... Really scared about extractions now Dx

Last edited:
I am pleased for you that you didn't have to see another dentist. It's better that they are sure what the problems are than just trying things you may well not need.

Are taking painkillers an option just while things settle down.

I had a tooth that had a too high or low bite, and I suffered for years with jaw problems and pain in my face and even other teeth. The dentist that did the filling would not accept that there was anything wrong. It was only when I got a new dentist that he said the bite was wrong and asked if I had jaw problems. He altered it for me and it was instant relief, then gradually all the other problems I had had began to clear up very quickly.

So your dentist may well have cured this problem.

Get well soon and wishing you luck on the rest of your treatment.

Thank you Carole! Your support means a lot, as well as the others' too. I am hoping for the best and it is nice that I can know later what I prevented by going and fixing my problems early on. :thumbsup: