• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone else fix heat sensitive tooth with filling and no root canal?

A

Anne2021

I'm just wondering if anyone else had a tooth that was sensitive to heat that was restored without a root canal. Mine is sensitive to cold and heat. That pain is not severe or lasting. My appointment is about four weeks away to get a large filling. Now I'm concerned that since it has changed since the x-ray and exam seven weeks ago that it is too late for a filling. I don't do root canals. Has anyone else had a tooth that was sensitive to heat and it got better without a root canal? Thank you.

@Anne2021 what do you mean "since it has changed"?

@Kml1998 When I saw the dentist seven weeks ago, I do not believe it was sensitive to heat. It is now.

Whenever I bring anything like this up I'm told to use Sensodyne toothpaste and leave a bit on overnight.. at least if you try that you can cover that suggestion if it comes up - or it might help and take the sensitivity away 👍

Back