• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone ever actually felt relieved to have an extraction??

E

emmad85

Hi all,

I was just thinking, we are mainly all on here because of negative reasons and problems. And no dental problem is anything other thAn horrible. But, as I contemplate my own long winded, complicated and expensive dilemmas I wonder whether any of you have ever actually felt glad or relieved in the end to have a tooth taken out?

I'm only 28, and having major problems with two 1st molars, one is a a definite extraction (failed rct) and the other heading the same way. At first I spent ages agonising over how awful it will be to have them out, but now, 3 months in to my efforts to avoid it, I'm beginning to feel as though it will actually just be so nice to not spend every day in discomfort or anxiety over infections once they're gone for good. At east I can get on with day to day life and not be a zombie on endless antibiotics and painkillers!! Has anyone else had teeth out and been glad to see the back of them??!:hmm:

I had Months of torture with a crown that was done poorly, then something stuck, cement issues, bite issues, crown redone, then needing a root canal, and a failed pulpotomy. when I was in the chair to get the extraction i was HAPPY. When the tooth was gone is was thrilled.

When I found out from another dentist that I didnt need the crown in the 1st place I am pissed off and not so comfortable with it, but whats done is done

Yes, I had my first extraction yesterday of a gumline-broken tooth and it was painful, couldn't get numb, etc but I made myself sit there and get done because every night I'm worried about toothache and every morning they're hte first thing I think about :( I have one more extraction and a couple other things to do and then I hope not to worry about my teeth again.

Thanks guys, it's not just me being weird then! Have just finished rct on tooth from hell this week and an extraction of another today. So long as I don't develop the dreaded dry socket I will be glad to see the back of all this! And if the rct doesn't work, then that's coming straight out as well! :thumbsup:

Back