B
Blueberry
Junior member
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2014
- Messages
- 4
I have a fear of almost everything medical and have been putting off my trip to the dentist for quite some time now. I have an appointment tomorrow for a number of fillings (can't remember how many, but it's a 2 hour appointment) and this is just the beginning! I've been going back and forth from feeling okay-ish about it, to panicking.
I'm not fearful of the pain, just the injections and medication. I've read some of the articles on this website and it helped a bit but I could use some more reassurance. Just some people to talk to. Because of my fear I also don't want to do the gas or take anti anxiety meds.
I know I have to do it though. I don't think letting my teeth rot would be any safer. I have some holes in my teeth and it feels like I'm teething. I'm afraid my last dentist wasn't very good (and may have even contributed to even more dental problems), but I think this one is better.
Thanks for your help!
I'm not fearful of the pain, just the injections and medication. I've read some of the articles on this website and it helped a bit but I could use some more reassurance. Just some people to talk to. Because of my fear I also don't want to do the gas or take anti anxiety meds.
I know I have to do it though. I don't think letting my teeth rot would be any safer. I have some holes in my teeth and it feels like I'm teething. I'm afraid my last dentist wasn't very good (and may have even contributed to even more dental problems), but I think this one is better.
Thanks for your help!
No one cares for the shots, but.... when a topical agent is applied to the gum, you rarely even feel much of it. By the time you say to yourself *dang, that pinched* it's over. It is so much better to go and get your cavities taken care of now, so it's one huge block off of your shoulder. Ask your dentist to calm you down first, explain exactly how you feel. Take a few deep breaths and think about how much happier you will be afterwards. You CAN do this
Wishing you great dental health!