• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Awful experience at new dentist, now I want to die

I'm so so sorry for how you are feeling. There is no point repeating what everyone here is saying; they are all right and I don't think I can add much to their comments but just to say; you HAVE been badly let down by that dentist and you deserve better. I'd also like to tell you that I credit your IV sedation story with helping me SO much to have the strength to go through my own IV sedation experience, which I did, on Tuesday. I read and re-read your account of the whole thing lots of times and it really made me feel better each time I did. You are incredible, you need to recognize your courage and your kind heart ☺.
I really hope you get the help and support you need at this time, and I'm so glad we all have each other on this forum. As far as I'm concerned, we might not see each other physically, but this is as real as it gets on terms of honest conversations.
Have a good day tomorrow, and please don't feel you are alone- we are all here for you and we understand.

Last edited:
I'm so so sorry for how you are feeling. There is no point repeating what everyone here is saying; they are all right and I don't think I can add much to their comments but just to say; you HAVE been badly let down by that dentist and you deserve better. I'd also like to tell you that I credit your IV sedation story with helping me SO much to have the strength to go through my own IV sedation experience, which I did, on Tuesday. I read and re-read your account of the whole thing lots of times and it really made me feel better each time I did. You are incredible, you need to recognize your courage and your kind heart ☺.
I really hope you get the help and support you need at this time, and I'm so glad we all have each other on this forum. As far as I'm concerned, we might not see each other physically, but this is as real as it gets on terms of honest conversations.
Have a good day tomorrow, and please don't feel you are alone- we are all here for you and we understand.

Holy cheese Aurora! This made me smile so so much :) :) Thank you for your kind words! Absolutely you're right, real connections are being formed on here, every time I feel like I haven't achieved anything or nothing has happened I think back to this forum and all the connections and conversations I've had with you lovely lot. I'll keep posting! Please keep me informed with how you're doing too - how was it on Tuesday? Did it go well?

Thank you so much again, you've made my night :)

:bear:

Holy cheese Aurora! This made me smile so so much :) :) Thank you for your kind words! Absolutely you're right, real connections are being formed on here, every time I feel like I haven't achieved anything or nothing has happened I think back to this forum and all the connections and conversations I've had with you lovely lot. I'll keep posting! Please keep me informed with how you're doing too - how was it on Tuesday? Did it go well?

Thank you so much again, you've made my night :)

:bear:

Awww really?! I'm so glad I lightened your evening a little, you are just getting payback for the kindness and thoughtfulness you have shown on this forum. As I said, your IV sedation story was something for me to hang on to and feel like maybe it could work for me If I could be as brave as you were :)
It went just fine thanks, it's a real godsend to us nervous patients isn't it? I don't think I believed it would actually work for me, I even had thoughts that wouldn't survive it; I was so anxious!
If you want to know more details, I've been keeping a journal, you could read about it there.
How are you doing now? I hope you're feeling better :)

Awww really?! I'm so glad I lightened your evening a little, you are just getting payback for the kindness and thoughtfulness you have shown on this forum. As I said, your IV sedation story was something for me to hang on to and feel like maybe it could work for me If I could be as brave as you were :)
It went just fine thanks, it's a real godsend to us nervous patients isn't it? I don't think I believed it would actually work for me, I even had thoughts that wouldn't survive it; I was so anxious!
If you want to know more details, I've been keeping a journal, you could read about it there.
How are you doing now? I hope you're feeling better :)

So pleased to know your IV sedation went well!! Well done! :) Yep it's brilliant stuff, it's basically GA only 80% less serious/heavy, you just conk out then come round and go home and eat ice cream and soup! Oh great, I'll read your journal! It's so great to do that, for us so we can see how you're doing and support you but also for yourself so you can look back on the progress you've made :)

I'm doing ok now, thank you, just keeping busy tbh! :)

So pleased to know your IV sedation went well!! Well done! :) Yep it's brilliant stuff, it's basically GA only 80% less serious/heavy, you just conk out then come round and go home and eat ice cream and soup! Oh great, I'll read your journal! It's so great to do that, for us so we can see how you're doing and support you but also for yourself so you can look back on the progress you've made :)

I'm doing ok now, thank you, just keeping busy tbh! :)

Thanks, it was the best thing I've done for myself and my dental anxiety. I agree, I think it's absolutely brilliant and I'm so thankful that it's an option nowadays. Yes, i ate a lot of goodies afterwards; it's good to pamper ourselves and to be pampered while we recover:)
I did write my journal to help get my feelings out but also in the hope that I can reassure others who are anxious about getting dental work done.
I'm really glad you're doing better, keeping busy is SO important as a strategy for me when I'm going through an anxious patch. I do remember you advising people on your thread to do just that, to keep busy and to not worry-so simple but good advice :)

Thanks, it was the best thing I've done for myself and my dental anxiety. I agree, I think it's absolutely brilliant and I'm so thankful that it's an option nowadays. Yes, i ate a lot of goodies afterwards; it's good to pamper ourselves and to be pampered while we recover:)
I did write my journal to help get my feelings out but also in the hope that I can reassure others who are anxious about getting dental work done.
I'm really glad you're doing better, keeping busy is SO important as a strategy for me when I'm going through an anxious patch. I do remember you advising people on your thread to do just that, to keep busy and to not worry-so simple but good advice :)

Oh yeah... the best part of getting dental work is the inevitable ice cream afterwards! ;) I'll be sure to read your journal! Thanks for all your kind lovely words :) :bear:

Back