L
lilliane
Junior member
- Joined
- Aug 10, 2008
- Messages
- 10
Hello, once again. Well... I did it! For the first time in almost 35 years I sat in a dentist's chair and opened my mouth. Doesn't sound like much, I guess. But for me it was huge. I won't go through the whole story again, but will just say that this was very difficult for me to do. I felt as if I could just die right there in the office. But, the dentist I have found (with some good pointers from Brit on how to do it) seems to be just right. She is patient and understanding, and she seems to know her stuff. I think she is just what I need. So the process is underway -- she took impressions and has to consult with a surgeon before letting me know what my options are for dentures. But she has promised to pay a lot of attention to the final product, not just to my health but also to how I will look. For all these years I have not even been able to think about that part of it, but I find that now it is giving me some strength to go ahead -- just to think that I might actually be able to SMILE like a normal person!
So now I'm waiting for the next stage, but I feel for the first time that this is something I can do, as difficult as it is. With your help, the right dentist, and my wonderful husband, I might be able in a few months to say, "I did it." But for now, at least I can say, "I've started....".
By the way, I have found a lot of encouragement in some before and after photos on another site I found. Has DFC considered this?
Again, you have helped me more than you will know. I'll keep you informed.
So now I'm waiting for the next stage, but I feel for the first time that this is something I can do, as difficult as it is. With your help, the right dentist, and my wonderful husband, I might be able in a few months to say, "I did it." But for now, at least I can say, "I've started....".
By the way, I have found a lot of encouragement in some before and after photos on another site I found. Has DFC considered this?
Again, you have helped me more than you will know. I'll keep you informed.
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
![Party [smiley=party.gif] [smiley=party.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/party.gif)
