• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bad teeth, bad gums dont know what to do

  • Thread starter Thread starter darin
  • Start date Start date
D

darin

Junior member
Joined
Jun 9, 2011
Messages
2
Ok, my front upper and bottom teeth aren't that bad. My molars are just awful. I had a back bottom molar removed and wisdom tooth about 17 months ago. The tooth next to it is broken in the back and there feels like a hole. The tooth next to that one broke off and now has a hold in it that food constantly gets stuck in. On the other side of my mouth, my wisdom tooth has pushed into the molar and broken it and those two look completly black. Next to that one, the tooth is broken and now the tooth next to that one has a black line right on the gum line and it feels kind of loose like it wants to fall or break off.

I have no insurance. I have little money, I have roughly $900. I really want to get these taken care of...but the cost is just too much. It cost me almost 450 to have 2 removed. There is no way I could afford to have all of them taken care of. There has been pain lately. Mainly on the other back molar...where the wisdom tooth is...the gum is swollen. And the broken tooth and next to it...I cant even press my teeth down without it feeling like the tooth is going to fall out. Also on that side, there seems to be slight bleeding on the teeth...when I brushed today...there was blood on the gumline.

The Care Credit thing isn't an option, I have bad credit. Asking family to help out really isn't an option either as everyone close to me is in the same financial boat. All the dental offices around here require if you have no insurance to pay when service is rendered. I have an appointment with the oral surgeon next thursday...but I won't be able to afford everything I need done if I have to pay the full amount up front. Paying everything I have to get this done is disheartening...especiall when it wouldn't solve my problem completly. Not to mention, I don't understand how I would be able to eat with no left or right bottom molars. I get that this is my fault....for taking poor care of my teeth.

Its getting to the point where I just can't deal with the stress and the pain anymore and I am terrified what I might do.
 
Another option would be to look into a university close to you that has a dental school......one of our members had all his work done there (Knightsaber). True, they have students working on you, but I think the cost would be low.
Post a question in Knightsaber's journal (Off I go), or PM him, he would be the best one to ask.
 
I was totally going to post that.

I had total mouth-rebuilding done at a dental school, it cost me $50 for the initial x-ray and exam and nothing after that.

The extractions are a different story but you aren't going there for that. :)

If you're near a dental college it's worth giving them a call and asking questions. I wish I'd have done it years ago.
 
Back
Top