• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Becuase of you guys, I did it!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter smyi2
  • Start date Start date
S

smyi2

Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
26
Its been awhile since I posted anything on here. I have been extremely scared and nervous. This morning, I had a dentist appointment. I got a deep cleaning. They gave me Valium before the procedure. It was a piece of cake! I didn't even get any novacaine. They use a gel and spray on my gums and did a little bit of scrapping and scrubbing. There was ABSOLUTELY no pain involved!!! I cant believe I waited this long to get this done!! I still have two more appointments, which includes fillings and finishing up the deep cleaning. I am still a little drowsy so I think i will take a nap!... Thank you very much to everyone here that gave me the strength to do it!
 
Thank you very much to everyone here that gave me the strength to do it!

Congratulations on a job well done! [smiley=jumping.gif]

The relief can only be known by someone who has been there.

And while I will say "You're welcome," the fact is...no one GAVE you the strength. We just helped you see the strength that you had all along.
 
Well done, I hope your next visits go as well. If I need any fillings done I always take a cd walkman / mp3 player with a relaxation cd. ifind this drowns out the noise and helps me relax. Keep in touch.
 
Thank you so much!! I had a few quesitons about the procedure
I did and I posted it on another section!...
 
Back
Top