• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bit jaw pain 4 days after premolar tooth removal

O

Oscar1994

So, I had 2 premolar tooth extracted, last thurstday, On my left side . 1 above and down. So the first 24 hours it did bleed but next day it stopped I used gauze pad. From the next day in the afternoon,I started rinsing a bit with warm salt water to clean the blood. Then I started getting the white stuff wich I've read its the blood clot. But when I sleep at night it feels like pain/pessure incomfortable and it would bleed a bit. So I kept using the warm salt water till I don't see much blood but more of the blood clot ( white thing ) . Yesterday and today I've had bad breath smell, so I rinse with listerine idk if it's ok. And also I've been having a bit pain or incomfortable to my left jaw and stilling having it. The extraction was a bit hard so idk if that's the reason. Yesterday I didn't use warm salt water. Cuz My mom said it's not nessecary anymore. But I will start using it again. I don't have head ache, Or swelling, earpain. Pls let me know if by now it's ok to rinse with listerine. Or just rinse with warm salt water and brush tooth. It's a big whole. So i think it might take some time before fully heal. The doctor didn't tell me what to do after. she just told me to eat soft food soup, etc. We ask if it's ok to rinse with warm salt water she said no. Butwe know it's helpfull to use it . So pls let me know. If I'm doing fine. or do I have to contact my doctor

thnks,

I don't understand why you were told not to rinse with warm salt water. That is usually what they instruct you to do to help with swelling and to kill bacteria in your mouth. I don't think it would hurt anything. You could take some over the counter pain medicine. It sounds like you need to contact your dentist and let them know your issues and ask what you need to do. Do you have a follow up appointment?

So, I had 2 premolar tooth extracted, last thurstday, On my left side . 1 above and down. So the first 24 hours it did bleed but next day it stopped I used gauze pad. From the next day in the afternoon,I started rinsing a bit with warm salt water to clean the blood. Then I started getting the white stuff wich I've read its the blood clot. But when I sleep at night it feels like pain/pessure incomfortable and it would bleed a bit. So I kept using the warm salt water till I don't see much blood but more of the blood clot ( white thing ) . Yesterday and today I've had bad breath smell, so I rinse with listerine idk if it's ok. And also I've been having a bit pain or incomfortable to my left jaw and stilling having it. The extraction was a bit hard so idk if that's the reason. Yesterday I didn't use warm salt water. Cuz My mom said it's not nessecary anymore. But I will start using it again. I don't have head ache, Or swelling, earpain. Pls let me know if by now it's ok to rinse with listerine. Or just rinse with warm salt water and brush tooth. It's a big whole. So i think it might take some time before fully heal. The doctor didn't tell me what to do after. she just told me to eat soft food soup, etc. We ask if it's ok to rinse with warm salt water she said no. Butwe know it's helpfull to use it . So pls let me know. If I'm doing fine. or do I have to contact my doctor

thnks,

Don't use listerine it has alcohol in it which slows down the healing process. This bad taste you speak of could be infection or dry socket, you definitely need to go back or atleast find a dentist that knows what they're talking about. I have had 2 teeth out and I'm still using salt water, it will do no harm it will actually help.
I also had the bad taste to the point where swallowing made me sick, it was a raging infection that spread to my face and tonsils, go back as soon as possible.

I don't understand why you were told not to rinse with warm salt water. That is usually what they instruct you to do to help with swelling and to kill bacteria in your mouth. I don't think it would hurt anything. You could take some over the counter pain medicine. It sounds like you need to contact your dentist and let them know your issues and ask what you need to do. Do you have a follow up appointment?

No because their petty busy these days. But the bit of pain. subsided and it looks like it's healig fine. if I get headache or fever then I would know it's infection. But none of that. It didn't bleed last night. I'm just going to cntinue with the rinsin of warm salt water. I wasn't give any pain medicine i don't think I need to, cuz it doesn't hurt anymre. The doctor told me if I get pain on the extration or headache. that I just take paracetamol.

Don't use listerine it has alcohol in it which slows down the healing process. This bad taste you speak of could be infection or dry socket, you definitely need to go back or atleast find a dentist that knows what they're talking about. I have had 2 teeth out and I'm still using salt water, it will do no harm it will actually help.
I also had the bad taste to the point where swallowing made me sick, it was a raging infection that spread to my face and tonsils, go back as soon as possible.

I did swallow when bad breat but didn't make me sick. Now I've read that these bad beath is just because the blood clot. And when your extracted tooth site starts to heal at the end. It will subside till a non bad breath. So I will keep on going with the warm salt water and tooth brush. How times per day do you think is enough to take warm salt water ?

Everything turned out ok till now, This thurstday I make 2 weeks, The hole is closing, there's not actually a hole but like quart stil to close, no bleeding noting more, pain is all gone also swelling. Only discomfort is can't talk good cuz my tongue toch the side of the hole above. but other then that no pob. Did lose some weight, indeed I don't have that much. So when fully healed with no hole. I'll have to hussle food in my house. hahaha :)

Back