• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bone fragments after extraction

starryblu

starryblu

Hello to alall ow I know bone fragments after extraction are very common, but I'm curious if there's a point when there should be concern. I had 7 upper and one lower extractions little over a month ago. Tomorrow will be the third time I've gone back to have fragments removed. The other two times weren't terribly painful but this time I'm in a fair amount of pain. I think it's partly psychological as I had an all on four placed when I got the extractions. I'm just tired of having my mouth messed with,even though I know it's necessary.

Any input?

Lol bad spelling & punctuation! Can you tell I'm at work on my iPhone? :)

Hello to alall ow I know bone fragments after extraction are very common, but I'm curious if there's a point when there should be concern. I had 7 upper and one lower extractions little over a month ago. Tomorrow will be the third time I've gone back to have fragments removed. The other two times weren't terribly painful but this time I'm in a fair amount of pain. I think it's partly psychological as I had an all on four placed when I got the extractions. I'm just tired of having my mouth messed with,even though I know it's necessary.

Any input?

Hi Starryblu,
I can well understand your frustration after having that procedure done. Everyone heals at a different rate, I would not worry that you still have the odd fragment appearing. I reckon it should be just about over though so hopefully the messing is about to stop!

Lincoln

Hi Starryblu,
I can well understand your frustration after having that procedure done. Everyone heals at a different rate, I would not worry that you still have the odd fragment appearing. I reckon it should be just about over though so hopefully the messing is about to stop!

Lincoln

hi Lincoln and thank you for your reply!

i guess i do understand about the fragments. there just seem to have been so many! i will cross my fingers that you are right, and it will all be done with soon.

regardless of the fragments making me cranky, i'm very happy with the procedure, and the way it has improved my smile. so i guess i should be content with that and stop complaining lol....

I had those also - some of them took their time to come out, but Lincoln was right, they will do it in their own time, and the did

Back