• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Braces+ Tooth Extraction

  • Thread starter Thread starter shishka0441
  • Start date Start date
S

shishka0441

Junior member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
2
Hey all, this is my first post.
I have always had an extreme fear of dentists. I have known i would get braces for about 3 years now. Tomorrow i am going for part one of the "braces on" procedure. I now know that i will probably have to have 4 teeth extracted sometime in the future. This freaks me out. I have heard both positives and negatives about extraction... I guess what i am looking for is a happily ever after story that will help me chill out about this. I am not getting teeth drilled out of any of that nasty business, its just a surgical extraction.
thanks in advance everyone :D
 
I'm going to be having my wisdom teeth extracted next Friday so I know how you feel! :o But reading the sucess stories on these forums really helped, maybe you could have a gander there? I know a lot of them are about extractions.
 
I don't know if this helps but I had all my top teeth extracted a fiew months ago and 8 of those teeth we're surgical extractions and I did just fine....I felt no pain during just pressure(not bad at all)and very little discomfort afterwards.
You'll do fine,I promise.
Take something comforting with you a picture...stuffed animal or(I suggest this alot)a blanket that you like from home.
It helps you feel safe and comfortable....did for me anyway.
Good luck and ur in my thoughts.[smiley=hugging.gif]
 
5 dental extraction in one day + braces

well I just wanted to say that I just got back from an appointment I was really nervous about...I had 5 teeth extracted to make room for braces. It was nearly painless the only discomfort I had was the administration of local anesthisia which in itself was minute. For those of you worried about extraction relax it is simple and literally painless. Also forgive the typos I'm on my iPhone LOL. Thank you all at this wonderful site for all your support
 
Great job[smiley=jumping.gif]

I am so very proud of you!
 
Back
Top