• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken cusp on molar age 72

S

scareddiane

I noticed an occasional 'pressure' sensation when I bit something hard. NO pain. No sensitivity to touch, tap, hot, cold, etc. I looked and noticed one edge of the (last) molar had an area next to a large filling that has no cusp.
I'm on Social Security and have no dental coverage or savings. The molar in front of this tooth was pulled years ago.
Since I have no pain, etc., is it safe to wait?
My dentist knows of my dental phobia but she wants $400 to look at my tooth (x ray, cleaning). I get $600 a month income.

Yeah it's fine to wait. I broke the cusp off a second molar just when lockdown started. Since they only treatment possible at the time was extraction I waited for things to go back to normal before getting it fixed. If you can keep it nice and clean then just leave it.

Thanks Doc! I have a Sonicare and a Braun. I use one in the morning and the other at night. No soda or junk foods for me. I had chemo 13 years ago and 3 molars broke at the gumline, so had them extracted.
I REALLY appreciate you and the forum.

Attachments

• not white.jpg
    not white.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
No problem.

Well it happened. Now any bite (think soft food) hurts on pressure. I need it pulled. No dental insurance and below poverty level income. Trying to find a free clinic.
Meanwhile, other than Orajel, anything I should do?

Panic attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a dental school near you? They offer reduced cost treatment I think.
Orajel won't help either. Do you have a doctor who could prescribe you some antibiotics? Just plain old Penicillin will probably be fine. Cheap too!

I got some antibiotics and am calling around looking for someone to pull this tooth. Up most of the night with anxiety. Oral surgeon is fully booked today in town but can see me in his Atlanta office tomorrow. Now to get a ride................
If my teeth were not so pretty, I'd get old timey falsies.

Attachments

• Diane May 2022.jpg
    Diane May 2022.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3
That would be an utter disaster at our age, you'd never get used to them. Anyway, you look great with the ones you've got :)

Tooth was pulled. Still clamping on gauze. $700.

Still clamping on gauze. $700.
How much? :unsure:
Tell you what, next time, get a cheap return ticket here and I'll whip one out for you for 20 bucks. You'll be quids in and get a nice holiday out of it!

Bear in mind, it's pretty grim here for a holiday :)

Attachments

• IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4893.jpeg
    IMG_4893.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
Back