• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cant believe at 27 my life is like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the password and things for my previous account but i have been on here for a long time and to say that this is a support room i have not found that support is given freely by me and it upsets me when you call a cause spam and im sure u will see i have not messaged 100;s of people i actually pm u for your permission after one of your moderators told me i wasnt a true dental phobic

We have wished you well in your quest, we have given you the support that we offer to anyone. We offered you an alternative to winning the competition.

You are taking your anger out on us at this forum, you are entitled to your opinion and I am sorry that you feel you have not been supported. We do not judge anybody on here but if the action of a person upsets any other people then it isn't fair to the other people that all have their own problems.

Your wish for implants has caused you to think only of your own needs and while you didn't intend to upset anyone it is very distressing to watch someone like yourself in obvious pain and suffering greatly. We have done all we can to support you and plenty of people have voted for you.

Please don't attack or fall out with people on here because we can still offer the support and understanding that you need. As I have said before if you find a dentist that can help you now if you win the competition you can still accept the prize.

Even if you win the makeover there is no guarantee that you can have implants, not everyone is suitable to have them.

I really wish you the best of luck and I hope you do indeed win the makeover. If not please find a dentist and don't let your oral situation drag you down anymore.

Hope i am not causing any problems by asking this, as i only wnat to help. May i ask what caused your teeth to get this way? No judgment, my teeth are terrible. I am just wondering. Dang i wish i could get a smile makeover!

C'mon Beth. You've had support here, maybe not enough to sway the contest...but I think it's pretty disingenuous to say your cries for help have been ignored.

This is a phobia forum, so we're all afraid of the dentist, but we all apply our collective strength and anecdotes in order to help ourselves and others to overcome their fears.

That includes you. Christ knows, Beth, this forum helped me, and I wasn't a million miles away from your current situation.

In the meantime, I'll continue to vote for you, of course. :clover::clover::clover:

Best,
Steve

Haven't read the whole thread, so i'm gonna just say... don't feel too bad about the dentures. Yes it'll be hard to adjust to, but young people do need them sometimes. my aunt had all her teeth out when she was about 21, cause of some gum problem (probably treatable nowadays, I have no idea though?). also I work in a shop that sells denture stuff amongst many other things.. you'd be surprised at how many "young" people buy it.

Hi Beth,

I'm so sorry to read about your ordeal. I've voted. Good luck. and good luck with your journey in whichever shape or form it comes! I had my first tooth extraction today, after 15 years I finally found the courage to see a dentist and i'm so glad i did. I have 5 to come out altogether now but I feel empowered to be taking control! Please keep us updated!

Laura xxx

Last chance,

Hi Everyone,

Last time ill be posting in here as i keep getting told off for posting and being told im not a true dental phobic, i am 27 and need 28 teeth taken out the thought of this scares me soooo much my teeth arent bad through neglect at all i suffered with some illness and teeth got affected.... i have netered a competition to win a smile makeover for implants as i feel at my whits end soooo im pleading for votes and comments on link below

please help change my life xx

[link removed]

Re: Last chance,

Hi Everyone,

Last time ill be posting in here as i keep getting told off for posting and being told im not a true dental phobic, i am 27 and need 28 teeth taken out the thought of this scares me soooo much my teeth arent bad through neglect at all i suffered with some illness and teeth got affected.... i have netered a competition to win a smile makeover for implants as i feel at my whits end soooo im pleading for votes and comments on link below

Last time you're posting? In general, or just to ask for votes?

I've not seen anyone say you're not a true dental phobic, unless I've missed something?
What I have seen is people actually voting for you, and the rest have offered support and/or suggested you have a backup plan in place.

It's thread is probably one of the ugliest ones I've seen in a while of being on here if im honest. i understand that phobia, fears and anxiety can make things feel a bit hurtful or like people perhaps dont understand, but all Ive read are nice replies, no one has been mean or offered rubbish advice/suggestions so I'm struggling to see what the problem is, other than beng corrected for PMs?
I don't post as much as most people, often I dont feel i have enough knowledge to comment or I simply read.. But I can't work out what you're annoyed at, people's comments, not enough people voting?

Re: Last chance,

How did it go? Did you go with local? How are you feeling now? I am so proud that you and so many have taken this step...a step I need to take soon. I was supposed to go yesterday but my dad went in the hospital and in pretty bad shape. Could not handle both so I postponed. I hope you are pain free and releived somewhat for making the first step!!!:jump::jump::giggle::giggle:

beth...needs...teeth, I am sorry that you feel this way as are most people on here. This forum is one of the nicest places to visit on the internet.
It is very hard to try and offer you any support because I think you are in a place in your mind and are not feeling or hearing people trying to reach out to you to try and help you.

It has to be your choice what you decide to do, I would like to say that I wish you good luck with your competition but please if you do win it be careful and make sure they act in your best interests and not what suits them. As a phobic they need to take it slowly and at a pace that you can cope with when having treatment. It would be a lot of treatment to go through to get implants from the place you are at with your teeth.

I wouldn't like to think that you have been made worse by being rushed when getting treatment.

Have you lost a tooth ? If you have I am sorry to hear this, you stated that you needed 29 teeth out in your first posts, but now you have only 28 to be extracted. I would urge you to get a dentist and seek treatment before you lose any more teeth.

Nobody on here has judged you or thinks that your teeth need treatment because of neglect.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: and all the best for the future :XXLhug:

uglyiest post????# you should of read my inboxes

Hi Beth. I voted for you as so many people did in this group. I am not sure what you are expecting from people, especially like me, who are TRYING to utilize this group to cease their fears about upcoming dental visits/extractions, etc. Can you PLEASE explain what you want from people here except for the votes you need to get these teeth? Because I am confused as to why you feel the above post was mean or any others that have posted in your message. Granted, I am not reading your inbox and I am not sure that is my place, but this group has helped many, I mean many, conquer their fears and get the much needed dental work needed. When I see these posts, it upsets me because they have done nothing but help you, me and others. So I guess my question is what are you trying to get out of the group? Maybe that would be a place to start. I would be just as anxious as you and I would be just as scared as you. But what I have seen is others voting for you when you asked us to do. This is a SUPPORT group and that is what it is supposed to do...support those dealing with dental anxiety. I hope you get your teeth but maybe you may want to start a blog, join Facebook or Twitter. Contact your local chamber and see if you can start a fundraiser to help you. Those places and people could help you achieve the votes you need, possibly help you raise funds to obtain that beautiful smile you desire. I wish you luck but please.....please....don't knock this group as it has helped so many.....;D

Beth,

Firstly, Carole didn't make that comment, so I don't know why you're quoting her.

Carole, of ALL people, whose caring nature has helped dozens, probably hundreds of folks like us come to terms with our fears, and guided us through some seriously rocky roads? Really, Beth?

Second, I actually agree with the person who made the 'ugly thread' comment.

This is turning into a circus.

I don't know how many of us -- and how often -- need to show concern and empathy for your situation before you can accept us into your life, take our advice, and get yourself all fixed up (as you CAN do).

I'll lay it on the line Beth, you have a serious entitlement problem. You seem to think we should all drop our own problems and focus on your contest. That is NOT the way to win sympathy, friends...or contests for that matter -- although if you read back, you'll see a big outpouring of support for you anyway.

With that in mind, and as a champion of yours since you joined this 'club', I sincerely hope you get the treatment you deserve...and banish your demons...whether via some kind of Dental X-Factor, or more conventional means.

Read some of the journals on here. You'll find some brave people. Folks who have lived through your experiences AND come out the other side. Better, stronger, fitter.

Stop being a victim and sort your life out.

Tough love, yes, but it needs to be said.

My very best wishes,
Steve

I think Beth has had enough attention now more than many sufferers have had or asked for maybe if we leave her quiet she can spend her time searching for dentists who will take her on or find another outlet for her hurt and anger and another place more suited to her search for votes rather than upsetting people on here, lets just not jump on the ride if she doesn't want our support lets leave her quiet and let her work through it herself,
Good Luck

This is my last post to you Beth, I feel that there is nothing I can offer you by way of support and I am seeing people very upset on here. The people on here need to fight their own demons and you are a very unsettling influence. People have problems on here that could potentially be life threatening apart from dealing with dental problems, and the last thing they need to be getting involved in is a nasty battle of words. This site is not for this kind of behaviour.

I have seen that people have voted for you and have left you some lovely comments on the competition site. I in your position would feel very grateful, and I would be thanking these lovely people for taking their time to vote for you, and show concern.

I will not be part of a thread that is getting vindictive and nasty now. If you feel you would like the support that has been offered and would like to be civil to these kind people it would be very nice to see.

Good luck with your competition.

Last edited:
Beth I voted for you twice and will vote again tomorrow. Please take Carole's words to heart though. I understand that you may feel desperate. We have all been there. But the people on this forum are offering you their support and kindness while they may be suffering as well.

i now feel like people are actually knocking.... SORT MY LIFE OUT !!!!! thats what i am trying too do and as for your other comments i have found them quiet hurtful to be honest its wrong of you lot to make judgments on me someone you dont know.... im lucky to even be here after the illness i have gone through and yeah maybe i am a bit angry but so would you if u had been through what i have... yeah i understand people have there own problems and by all means if this post or thread has offended you in anyway then simple answer dont read it..... but please under no circumstances tell me i have has enough attention now when i have never asked for any.... thanks for the votes u have placed but once again i feel very hurt not only by these posts but also the judgemental inboxes i have recieved now they are UGLY......

good luck to u all

and carole vindictive and nasty???? i would like you to read over my posts which have not been vidictive and nasty i thank you to read other peoples comments and posts.....

Last edited:
This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.